Chapter 6

With quick steps, Kaede ran past Osamu, who had met up with his brother here and actually wanted to make his way to the girls. But the brown-haired girl was a little quicker and had her eyes fixed on the group.

Without even thinking about it, Kaede had reached out with her arm before her rucksack and its contents had gone flying.

"Ahh!" cried some of the girls who had had the books smashed against their heads and had fixed their hair despite everything. "Are you kidding me!?"

Surprised by this act, Kaede was not only looked at by the victim, but also by the students, who had not even made an effort to help her. "I could say the same!" Kaede, who actually had a rather calm character, scolded.

It was just that this situation reminded her of Kazumi. Kaede had never been able to help her directly, because Kazumi had hidden herself after the bullying, or had managed it in such a way that it hadn't been open to everyone. Here, Kaede could act differently, as she had now seen and experienced it with her own eyes.

"How ugly must you feel that you're putting others down because of their looks?!" Kaede asked, not meaning the term 'ugly' in the way the perpetrators did. She was referring more to character, which these girls obviously didn't have.

"Ugly? We don't look like her." said the leader, who had completely forgotten that she was wearing a case on her face.

"You look even uglier with the make-up slapped on." came from Kaede, who was visibly angry with these girls. "If you have to hide your face like that, then you certainly don't have a high IQ." she slammed out as well.

The girl behind her on the floor had widened her eyes. No one had ever stood up for her before and she admired the brown-haired girl for it. She showed no fear towards these girls. She had the decency and the backbone to help her, even though she herself might suffer.

As far as she could see, this girl looked beautiful. She didn't wear make-up and didn't need to slick her hair with lots of products so that she could wash it again in the evening. A natural beauty, you could say.

"Who do you think you are?" asked the leader, who had come incredibly close to Kaede. Their noses were almost touching, which didn't make Kaede flinch. "You think you're something better?"

"At least I have the sense not to beat anyone up over their looks."

Kaede said. "As far as you're concerned. You're just putting everyone down so you don't become a victim yourself. You wanted a position of power to survive yourselves. Maybe you're also jealous, frustrated or have a misunderstood ambition. Your behavior is the shit. If you were at least smart in addition to being beautiful, you would realize for yourselves what you can do with it."

Many words that some of those present had taken to heart. Among them were many first-year pupils who had also experienced bullying at their old schools. But older pupils also took the words of the brown-haired girl to heart, who even stood alone against five perpetrators.

Osamu, who had observed everything, found her commitment more than just courageous. She didn't even know this gray-haired girl who had almost been beaten up. The rather calmer girl from his class probably had a completely different side, which he found admirable.

"Leave her alone and I'll leave you alone." Kaede said at the end, as nothing more had come from the leader. The older girl, who had shaken her head and now wanted to turn away from the whole thing, exhaled mockingly.

"Oh, you're paying for my next hairdressing appointment.

These are all disheveled because of your case." the girl hissed, which Kaede didn't find at all appropriate. After all, they had started bullying.

"You can stick your extensions somewhere else." Kaede said, and she could see the adhesive strips very clearly. Embarrassed, the older girl lowered her head and ran away as fast as she could.

Shaking her head, Kaede looked after the whole group before turning around and bending her knees slightly. "Everything okay?" she asked with a smile, the gray-haired girl nodding.

"Yes, thank you. But you didn't have to do that." "Never mind." Keade, who had helped the girl to stand up and had finally exhaled as she was still supposed to collect her school things, waved her off.

The Tokoyami no longer really noticed the other students' stares. "I'll help you." said the gray-haired girl, who really reminded Kaede a lot of Kazumi. It was just that this girl was a little mentally stronger than Kazumi in terms of her chakra.

"What's your name?" she wanted to know. "Chika Hatori. But just call me Chika." the gray-haired girl smiled, to which Kaede replied. "And you?" asked the girl of the same age, which Kaede would have liked to answer if someone hadn't intervened.

"Kaede Tokoyami! To the principal's office!"