Chapter 21

In the meantime, two weeks had passed in which Kaede had occasionally sat down to work on her novel, which she had already put together a few pages for, but had often adjusted them again. It wasn't because she had no ideas or had written something wrong. Kaede had often realized that writing a book had other priorities than smaller texts for school.

Kaede had adapted the sentences to suit her writing style, which meant that she had to change some passages completely. The content remained exactly the same, as she had planned.

Kaede had started with her childhood, from which she had mentioned both good and bad experiences, but had not gone into them any further. At least she didn't want to from the start. Besides, Kaede didn't really remember what had happened because she had other things on her mind, like her grandma.

She somehow didn't want to ask her father because he had other things on his mind and was also preoccupied with his current relationship. That's why Kaede rarely talked about what was going on at school.

She had the feeling that her father would only continue to worry and would therefore no longer concentrate on himself. Kaede could no longer ask her mother for advice, nor could her grandmother. She would forget the conversations again, which wouldn't be much help.

And Kazumi would have been too unstable, at least in middle school. She had her own problems, which is why Kaede wanted to be there just for her. This meant that Chika, who was far too similar to Kazumi, was also dropped. As for Megumi. In her current state, Megumi was too insecure to talk about deep topics. This could perhaps change if she came out of her shell more.

As far as her boyfriend was concerned, it was rather difficult. Because he was at a different high school, they rarely heard from each other anyway. So far, their long-distance relationship had worked quite well, which was why Kaede didn't want to push it any further. After all, this distance was often an issue between them.

This meant that Kaede was on her own at the moment and had to face her past herself. Nevertheless, she would show Chika the first chapter first so that she could get an opinion from an outsider. Chika wouldn't know exactly what it was about anyway.

Kazumi alone had advised her to write it like a diary. Chika was only talking about some kind of book. So as far as the content was concerned, it wouldn't be a lie. For the readers, however, it would be a made-up and invented story. And that was Kaede's goal at the moment.

She didn't want anyone to guess that this novel was about her whole life. That some parts had happened and were only adapted for the whole story so that it would be a novel.

Kaede would only invent a few parts, with the truth behind the details. A difficult task, especially if it was the first book.

She didn't know if she could pull it off. Kaede just hoped she would.