Chapter 36

Since Kaede could leave her friends with the Inarizaki volleyball team with peace of mind, she figured that here was the best time to go to a flower store without receiving multiple questions. Until today, Kaede hadn't said anything about her past, which was still bothering her. In her book, it wouldn't be long before she would arrive at her middle school.

She was still missing a few chapters that would initiate the transition. Up to the point she was at, Chika had found some passages really good. At least the ones Kaede had given her as an expression.

She gave Megumi a few other passages that she could use for the cover. She didn't have any profound dinhe that would put her in a sad situation. Keade imagined the cover to be cheerful, but also thoughtful. It was important to her that her novel gets attention, but doesn't directly address the various themes. You should get to know them in the story itself.

Kazumi had a silly idea, as this task was really difficult. However, it gave Kaede a reason to try even harder. A challenge for her writing style, too.

"Hi mom." Kaede breathed out softly when she arrived at her mother's grave and finally crouched down. "I put Chika and Megumi on the volleyball team so that they can make friends and blossom alongside me." she began to talk and placed the flowers she had bought in the old vase.

It had seen better days. Over the years, the blue vase had turned brown and had cracked a few times from falling over. But it had been her favorite vase, which was why Kaede had never replaced it.

"I've already written your death in my book. It wasn't easy because I had to read all about the muscle disease on the internet. And believe me, there really is a lot there." Kaede smiled slightly as she could picture her mother's face. She would certainly wonder why Kaede went to such lengths. She could have shortened and summarized it.

"I want to inform everyone who suffers from it, or who knows someone who suffers from it, about everything. Just like about the Alzheimer's that Grandma has." Kaede spoke, as her mother would certainly have some questions about it.

"As for Dad... I guess he's really happy with her." the brown-haired girl murmured. Over the past year, Kaede had repeatedly tried to get closer to both of them and make an effort. She had always understood that her father wanted to fall in love again. It was just a strange situation. Especially at a time when Kaede had not yet come to terms with her mother's death.

"Oh, and Grandma is fine. Even if she keeps forgetting some things. But I visit her as often as I can." the Tokoyami smiled, resting her elbows on her thighs and resting her cheeks in her hands.

"And I...am actually doing relatively well too. For some reason, I feel much more comfortable next to Osamu. I don't know exactly why..." came out of her mouth thoughtfully. Maybe it was because he was quite calm and pleasant, unlike Atsumu. But Kaede doubted that it was just a matter of friendship.