44

↻ ◁ || ▷ ↺

𝓢𝓪𝔂 𝓨𝓮𝓼 𝓣𝓸 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷

By Lana Del Ray

Isabella

"SHE WILL HEAR ME FIRST!" I could tell Cedric was screaming due to his red face and the viens popping out from his neck.

"It's alright. We will talk to the audiology clinic-
Aiden tried to speak but was interrupted

" What?! It's not possible! They have to run some tests and eventually it will be them who will get to talk to Isabella first." Axel interrupted Aiden

"I am not letting that happen." Cedric whispered something as he smirked and grabbed his gun.

Ok but what the fuck is happening?

"I'll make sure it's just me who speaks." Cedric smiles weirdly as he looks at me.

Today, we are getting the implants activated! I will be able to hear.
The feeling is not supposed to be this scary but it is.

I sigh as I grab my bag and put some snacks in it as Cedric protectively leads me towards the door and into the car.

There are many men with us and they are all armed. As soon as we get down, Axel, Aiden are the first one to enter and Cedric stays beside me.

There are audiologists and the team lined up in the corner and Cedric starts talking to them

"I am sure you know sign language. Please don't use your voice to communicate with her. If you want any sound or whatever, I will be the first one she hears." He speaks with them and they just nod with uneasy expressions.

Is everything alright?

I sat down and they set up some screens and objects.

Cedric leaned near the wall and stared at me intensely as his hand gripped the gun. I gave him a small smile and he nodded at me, totally serious.

There were guards everywhere. Two beside me. Two from the right and two from the left.

The lady in the front gestured at me.

"Tell me if you hear something." I nodded at her in response and soon after I heard loud beeping so I covered my ears.

"There's loud beeping. It's too loud"

"What's wrong?" From the corner of my eye I saw Cedric asking something to the lady but the lady responded with hand gestures.

Is she mute/deaf as well?

"Well as long as it's normal." He said something to the lady.

I waited and waited till she adjusted the devices and I hear a sound. What's that?

I try to turn around but Aiden grabs my shoulders and simply shakes his head.

"Mr.Brave will speak. Tell me if you can hear him."  The audiologist said.

"Isabella?"
.
.
.
A deep voice.
Manly.
Husky.
Deep and thick.
My heart beats against my chest as I hear him say my name.

I s a b e l l a

There is a slight screech in my ear after I hear him but it doesn't seem to last long to bother because my eyes were watering already.

"Isabella? Bella? Can you hear me?"

Yes Cedric. Yes I can.

I started crying as I nodded at him.