Chapter 40: Artful Town

Cover story 45: The Looker Files 3: Rosey Lookalike 3

With Looker searching for Peony who went in searching for his daughter only for Looker to find out she was here the whole time, Looker decides to go in with Peonia, Marin and Faba in order to find Peony. They enter the cave, but Looker asks why Peonia acts this way towards her father while in there to which Peonia says she loves her father but hates how annoying she is but says it was due to her mother's injury that Peony became more annoying lately.

Looker understands but tells her that her father loves her and just wants her safe and possibly the trip is a way to cheer Peonia up from what happened which causes Peonia to think to herself for a while possibly on how she treated her dad. They enter the first den which was of a GMAX Centiskorch. Peonia appeared excited but the other 3 appeared scared having never seen a GMAX/Dynamaxed Pokemon before. Peonia decides to teach the group basics of Dynamaxing by Dynamaxing her Pangoro and to follow along.

Each of the 4 has some sort of note detailing the Pokemon's moves so Looker calls out Coalossal to use Meteor Beam which it charges up, Mairin tells her Drakloak to use Dragon Rush and Faba tells his Jigglypuff to use Light Screen protecting the group and Peonia says to Pangoro to use Max Darkness (from her Darkest Lariat) and they all attack aside from Coalossal due to the effects of Meteor Beam and Jiggilypuff who defended the group with Light Screen. Centiskorch attacks the group but fortunately weren't too damaged due to Light Screen.

Looker's Coalossal finishes charging and launches a Meteor Beam towards Centiskorch finishing it but it's still not down. Peonia explains that you can capture fallen Pokemon on time and keep them after the adventure and demonstrates it using her Great Ball which grows huge, and she throws it towards Centiskorch catching him and surprising the group. The group continues their journey and start to know each other well with Mairin being a fan of the Masked Royal when she watches on TV alongside Faba, Looker remembering a case in Kalos over a missing Chespin of Mairin's in Kalos which causes Mairin to worry about Chespie even more due to his disappearance to which Looker apologizes. Mairin bonds with Peonia over their interests and Mairin learns that Peonia was accepted into Platano academy and that Peonia is nervous to announce it so soon after her mother's injury, but Marin and the group encourage her.

They keep going through the cave through the next 2 challenges of a DMAX Mimikyu which Mairin catches and a DMAX Sigilyth which Faba catches eventually entering the final den in which they see Lock, Chespie and Peony knocked out causing Looker, Mairin and Peonia to run to them worried eventually seeing what defeated them, a DMAX Shiny Xurxitree which shocks Faba as to how an Ultra Beast got into the den but will have to question it later as they have to be ready to fight the Glowing Pokemon.

TBC

Cover Story 46: Alain's Investigation Days 3: Clues

We see Alain talking with Sonia about the Regional Legendary Birds and the Swords of Justice. Sonia explains that rumors of Regional Forms of the birds have been passed down everywhere but knows of one rumor, they're gathered at a tree called the Dyna Tree, a massive tree that produces large berries and is said to have been struck by Dynamax energy long ago hence it's size but it's also where rumors of these Legendary Pokemon took place with some saying they might not be regional forms but more of Pokemon imitating the Kantonian Legendary Birds.

Alain finds this interesting and decides to take a look, but he also says he might help Sonia with this mysterious robot Virizion when he has time much to Sonia's gratitude, but Alain realizes that Mairin's been gone for a while and takes a look outside with Charizard and Sonia asking around. Alain asks the villagers if they've seen a girl around here wearing green with a Chespin, they say that Mairin went into the Max Lair with a group and although Alain is worried, he's at least relieved that she's with a group and decides to talk to the town about these Pokemon.