Chapter 27: Courage

Cover Story 28: Road to Reunion 2: Practice makes perfect part 2.

Last time, May and Serena reunite in the Paldean city of Porto Estalar to train together for the Duo World Championship for a chance to enter the main Duo World Championship in Levincia as the final challenge and so they began to train while Max looked on with his Pokemon.

From what they learned of the tournament and the main tournament, it will be a tag team tournament battle where trainers will use one Pokemon of theirs and battle the opponent using combination moves from each other with the occasional use of regular moves, but any repeated efforts will dock them points. The winner is determined by the user's number of points, not for who gets knocked out first which intrigues Serena.

The two trainers decide to figure out which combination of Pokemon works for them to mixed results:

The first attempt was using Serena's Sobble and May's Blaziken for a Fire Spin + Water Pulse combination but Sobble was a bit nervous due to Blaziken's size and her stage fright causing her to faint and only produce a small bubble.

The 2nd attempt was using Serena's Pancham and May's Vikavolt for a Dark Pulse + Zap Cannon combo but Serena remembers that Pancham is sick so that attempt failed.

Attempt 3 seems to be the charm as they find their first successful combination with Serena's Delphox and May's Glaceon with Glaceon using Shadow Ball and Delphox using Mystical Fire to create what they call 'Swirling Shadow' where the Mystical Fire swirled around before it exploded. The next move combo they tried was an Ice Shard + Psychic combo as Glaceon launches multiple Ice Shards and Delphox controls them via Psychic and works like a charm.

However, they were mocked by two other performers named Carol and Manuel as weak getting both Serena and May angry as the two rival performers says that their Pokemon will outshine them in this tournament and go off. It's when Serena and May decide to focus and do their best with one other duo being Serena's Flaffy and May's Reuniclus with their first combination they try out is Flaffy's Thunderbolt with Reuniclus's Expanding Force with Thunderbolt reflecting off of the inside of Expanding Force which surged through the dummy they were using.

They use one last combination being Reuniclus's Energy Ball and Flaffy's Fire Punch by jumping in the air and punching the ball to the ground either attacking the opponent or creating an explosion of energy which creates a Grassy Terrain thanks to the energy within Energy Ball. With the success of their training, May and Serena decide to continue training with other potential combinations while Max watched on training on his own.

A couple of days later, the tournament begins with the bracket featuring 8 teams including Manuel and Carol which May and Serena scoffed at, and May hopes to face them in the tournament as the tournament begins with them against an fraternal twin duo named Brac and Ket as the tournament begins.

To be continued

Cover Story 29: Hau (and friends) bizarre adventure 3: the mysterious women part 2

Last time, Hau and his classmates discover a young woman who was knocked out on the school yard alongside her concerned Metagross and Espeon. After healing her up, the woman remembers that she's a detective investigating the Aether Foundation which leaves the gang confused as Lillie doesn't expect corruption until the woman says something about the 'Altar of the Moone' which confuses everyone due to their being only an 'Altar of the Sunne'. The gang now think that this individual is from an alternate universe as Lusamine's Clefable runs in revealing some statistics about from an Ultra Wormhole and the woman also reveals her name to be Anabel, the same name as the Battle Frontier Brain, once more, she's of a different age than the current Anabel.