Chapter 28: Broken Bonds (Part 1)

Cover Story 30: Ingo and Emmet lost to time 2: Pathways.

With Ingo having disappeared one morning, Emmet seeks out his brother alongside Ingo as he gets word from Cynthia that she may know some evidence towards Ingo's disappearance in Sinnoh and so he goes to Sinnoh to meet up with Cynthia. Meanwhile in the past, we see Ingo implanting his name on a nearby large rock with a chisel having seen this in a movie despite his hazy memory.

Curious, Irida asks Ingo what is a 'movie' but before Ingo could answer, a scout of the Pearl clan arrives to tell Irida they found the chandelier Pokemon raging nearby, they head over to see a Chandelure in distress and spewing fire which causes Ingo's mind to create more memories of him as a young lad and his Litwick who he got for Ingo's birthday. With that knowledge in mind, Ingo goes to the Chandelure and initially hesitates and even appears hostile until Ingo touches Chandelure's glass and both of their eyes seem to sparkle with hope and upon blinking, the realization came to them, and both hug it out though Ingo's mind still feels hazy.

Irida appears impressed and nods, she goes to him and asks if Chandelure is his Pokemon to which Ingo says yes. Irida with that knowledge in mind offers him a job to investigate what they call 'Space-time distortions', mysterious dimensional rifts that have caused the appearances of several Pokemon and has affected certain Pokemon from growing larger to the point of being called 'Alpha' and affecting their 'Noble' Pokemon, Pokemon who served as companions to Arceus but went crazy due to the distortions. Irida offers him to join 4 other trainers in order to stop the Nobles and possibly to find Ingo's memory back.

Seeing no other choice and wanting to recover their memories, Ingo joins Irida, and the group make their way to the village of Jubilife.

Meanwhile in the present, Emmet arrives to Jubilife city to meet up with Cynthia at the airport. Once there, they head to a cafe where Cynthia reveals that while exploring some ruins, she discovered Ingo's nametag and his famous watch which was gifted to Ingo by Emmet at their 14th birthday, the watch and nametag look old despite being from modern times and while Emmet assumes that Ingo might've just went to Sinnoh without telling anyone, Cynthia refutes this by showing them a rock with Ingo's name that dates back to around the late 1800's according to scientists.

This weirds out Emmet but it's not the only thing he should be weirded out by, Cynthia says that if he wants to figure out the truth and find out the disappearance of his brother, she mentions going to the old city hall and that she found some files dating back to the late 1800's alongside Ingo's name. Curious to find his brother, Ingo agrees to go with Cynthia throughout Sinnoh to search for his beloved brother.

END

Main Story

Last time, Nemona decided to face Cascaraffa Gym Leader Kofu in order to achieve her 2nd Gym badge however, it appears that Nemona appeared to be struggling with personal issues that plagued her mind in the Gym and ultimately lost against Kofu despite her Teddiursa learning Trailblaze and Fuecoco evolving into Crocalor. This battle also left Crocalor in a nasty mood due to their training making him feel undermined compared to the others and so Nemona seeks to repair that bond, but it seems like Giacomo and his crew have other plans.

We see the gang at a park where we see their Pokemon playing with each other with Hawlucha teaching Nymble and Morada his moves, Appy trying to bond with Sprigatito, Greavard and more while Nemona, Ash and Pikachu were hanging out with the aloof Crocalor trying to make him happy once again. Crocalor was facing away from Nemona making her nervous, so she grabbed out an Oran Berry and put up a smile.