Chapter 16: Nemona's worries

Cover Story 8: Naganadel's Moʻolelo (Story) 1: Ka Mamua (Hawaiian: The Before).

There lived a Poipole who came to Alola through a portal, all it remembered prior was that it flew off from a Hive when the Hive appeared to be dying due to a lack of Necrozma's light and their monarch Naganadel appeared to be dying. In Alola, Poipole befriended a Pikachu that belonged to a kind and energetic trainer named Ash Ketchum and because no one could find Poipole's home, Ash decided to keep Poipole until they can figure out a way to get them back home.

Despite Poipole being a troublemaker, they were a fun addition for a while until Necrozma arrived to cause havoc having fallen into darkness losing its own light after saving Alola. After a series of events that involved Ash and his friends restoring Necrozma's light and allowed for Poipole's world to flourish once again, Poipole departed from Ash and was conflicted, they were happy that they saved their home but didn't want to depart from Ash and Pikachu but tried to get over it.

Poipole (who I'll call Poipoi to differentiate the others) spent their time trying to restore things when it was called up by the monarch Naganadel, the monarch reveals that they don't have much time left saying that even before Necrozma's light disappeared, they were feeling ill and when they saw Poipoi's courageous actions in saving Alola as well as helping Solagaleo and Lunala, the monarch decided that Poipoi will lead the Poipole which causes Poipole to get anxious and needs time to think.

Weeks went on and Poipoi tried to act like the other Poipole but couldn't as they felt indifferent until one day, a group of humanoid marauders and a group of Buzzwole arrived to try to destroy the hive and although the monarch tried to stop them, their power was weakened by their failing body. Seeing Poipoi's fellow Poipole all hurt, Poipoi used all that anger, courage and Pikachu's wisdom to learn Thunderbolt (A/N: Only Naganadel can learn Thunderbolt) and launch it towards the marauders.

They run away but the Buzzwole were still left as Poipoi began to fight once more but no longer alone as the other Poipole are inspired by Poipoi's courage and decide to step up, but they were no match for the strength of Buzzwole. Not letting up, Poipoi used all this tension and charged up an attack and as they did so, they evolved as their body changed into that of Naganadel and launched a monstrous Dragon Pulse defeating the Buzzwole.

The Poipole congratulated the newly evolved Poipoi and so did the Naganadel monarch who passes away in Poipoi's arms telling Poipoi that they'll make an excellent leader and disappears to the light. They all cried that day.

A month goes by as Poipoi hears a commotion nearby and sees a group of Guzzlord (with one of them being a Shiny) going near dimensional cracks and upon looking through, Poipoi notices what's behind the crack, it's Ash's world about to be invaded by Guzzlord. Poipoi takes action and knowing that their Poipole have been trained to deal with any intruder and 3 Poipole had evolved into Naganadel to protect the hive, Poipoi goes off to save their beloved trainer.

To Be Continued.

Cover Story 9: A Connoisseur's worldwide cooking blog 1: An Exquisite Kalos taste prelude (1):

Cilan is what you call 'a connoisseur', an individual who has a love for the fine arts and that art is, cooking. Cilan is one of 3 gym leaders of Striaton City gym alongside his two brothers Chili and Cress and was intrigued by a young boy named Ash and his Pikachu for their untraditional uniqueness and so after dealing with an incident with Team Rocket and the Dreamyard, he travels with Ash and another companion Iris for future adventures as their cook and navigator. He has a strange of fishing and detectives and has a fear of Purrloin for unknown reasons.

After he departed with Ash and Iris, he decided to travel around and fish with him meeting some of Ash's companions such as Brock, Clemont and Bonnie (A/N: This is true by the way if you didn't know, there were specials in Japan that were never dubbed for unknown reasons). He has been through some adventures such as helping a Petilil and catching it, listening to Team Rocket's podcast, he's been in several Connoisseur scenarios and even been in fishing tournaments over the year and half he's been separated from Ash including one where he found and caught a White striped Basculin which earned him a trophy, cash prize and a new Pokemon that was unknown even to the spectators.