Chapter 37: Shining Opportunities

Cover Story 42: The Malamar Conspiracy 1: Return of the Malamar 1

Remember those mysterious Malamar from X and Y that acted like a cult? Well, the one searching for them is an Officer Jenny that goes undercover with her Manetric. She's unlike most of her Kalos sisters that she prefers being more of a detective and to differentiate herself from her sisters, she began referring to herself as Jennifer and with the help of Ash and friends, they manage to defeat the Malamar twice but even though they've supposedly gone into the future, she's still trying to find out more about these Malamar and why they would destroy the world. She tried to connect them to anything including Team Flare but to no avail.

Just when things get hopeless, she gets a rumor about mysterious kidnappings near Cyllage City and heads over there, she learns from various citizens and Gym Leader Grant how people and possibly Pokemon in brown cloaks have been luring people out of the city and supposedly to an abandoned factory and they haven't been seen since. He's planning on checking the facility, Jennifer goes with, and they begin checking around for this facility, but the forest is so dense, that they are unable to see it but then a teenager catches up to him along with his Chesnaught.

Grant recognizes him as a trainer who challenged his gym a little while ago named Calem, Calem asks to join because his cousin went missing around this area and thinks it's this cult but Jennifer asks him to go back as it's too dangerous, but Calem says he has a Pokemon that can help search for the factory and sends out Charizard. Jennifer reluctantly agrees and Charizard searches the air and after a little while, they see Charizard circling around something but just as the 3 were running to the place, Charizard's wing is struck down by an oncoming attack causing Charizard to fall to the ground.

The gang arrive to the scene to see two cloaked members and their Magmortar who exclaims that they don't want anyone knowing about their place but before Magmortar could attack, Jennifer's Manetric launches a Hyper Voice which stuns the group and allows Calem to return Charizard to his Pokeball and Grant sends out Onix to surround them with Rock Tomb. Jennifer calls for back up and the 3 enter the factory to see people tied up but Calem's cousin isn't one of them, one of the kidnapped people says they've been taken somewhere else but gets knocked out by a Malamar's Hypnosis before they can say anything else. All of a sudden, the 3 are surrounded by various cult members and Malamar who're ready for a fight.

Jennifer realizes that if they want to figure out the truth, they have to be ready to fight so Jennifer, Calem and Grant grab their Pokeballs and prepare to fight to find the truth.

TBC

Cover Story 43: Ingo and Emmet Lost to Time 3: Cooperation 1

With Ingo stuck in the past, Emmet's gone with Cynthia who has some evidence that show that Ingo has appeared through Sinnoh but not in a traditional way, but rather via being in the past. The two arrive in Jubilife City in the Sinnoh Region and meets up with the mayor, Professor Rowan and someone who claims to have evidence towards Ingo's appearance in the past. Her name is Perrin and her Hisuian Growlithe, she's planning on a trip to the Paldea Region soon but figured she could come by and at least provide some help via her ancestry and the items from her past, any hint to finding Ingo.

The mayor reveals that city hall used to be the location of the Galaxy Team, a group of people tasked with protecting Jubilife, maintaining connections and documenting Pokemon in a time where people and Pokemon didn't get along. The leader Rowan reveals is his great grandfather Kamado who led the exhibition team and protected Jubilife, Rowan provides a picture of the group, but something looked peculiar to the group. Perrin resembles one of the people who Perrin says is her ancestor Adaman who led the Diamond Clan and Perrin resembles him but with shorter hair but something else caught Emmet's eyes, one of the people resembled Ash and his Pikachu to which Cynthia looks on in surprise but the mayor mentions the kid's name is Satori who helped changed people's view over Pokemon. Two other people that caught Cynthia's attention were a girl named Akari that resembled Dawn and a boy with glasses that resembled Paul named Shinjo and there was one other person but they were blacked out for some reason.