Chapter 26: Cascaraffa days

Cover Story 26: Trip's trip around the region trip 3: The city that combines nature and technology.

Last time, Trip battled the energetic Rosa who's interested in battling with Alder but happened across Trip instead and both battled. Rosa was able to keep up with Trip in terms of battling prowess but ultimately lost but was so interested in Trip's adventure that she decided to come with despite Trip's reluctance.

The two trainers traveled through Castelia City through the desert, Nimbasa and then eventually making it to a unique civilization or should I say, civilizations as the cities were split half and half between the industrial and modern Black City and the classic and nature based White Forest. The trainers see two groups of protesters arguing amongst themselves and Trip asks what the issue is, a passerby explains that the groups are arguing which civilization should be torn down the Black City to allow nature to thrive once more or White Forest so that civilians can be provided with homes and entertainment.

Trip initially suggests that they should duke it out with one another, but the groups mention they already did that and they're resting for next round. Rosa says that he shouldn't act with violence with her reminding him of his goal of redemption and Trip tells her that he knows that before catching something in his eye being a large building surrounded by tree roots.

Trip asks to what the location is, and the same passerby mentions that it's the Treehollow Tower, a tower overtaken by nature in recent years but was made into a battle facility by a boy named Benga. Trip recalls hearing that name from Alder and that he's Alder grandson. With that info in mind, he goes to the battle tower with the promise of resolving the issue with peace.

The trainer's both arrive to the tower, and both are paired together to reach the 20th floor and that both trainers will have to pick 3 Pokemon each. Though Rosa was only there for the adventure, she agrees to team up with Trip despite his reluctance to but agrees with an attendee holding on to the egg for him and Trip picks out Serperior, Chandelure and Vanniluxe while Rosa picks out her Snivy, Stoutland and Zweilious. With their Pokemon in tow, they prepare to climb the floors of the Trehollow Tower.

END

Cover Story 27: A Connosseur's worldwide cooking blog 3: An exquisite Kalos taste 3 (kind of a long one).

Upon Cilan's arrival to the city of Coumarine in the Kalos region to start his cooking blog, he encounters a group of children at an orphanage with no caretaker in sight, Cilan decides to help the children out by making their food and such and documenting his adventures in addition to his food reviews. This catches the attention of the city's Gym Leader Ramos and Elite Four member Siebold, the owner of the restaurant Grande Etoile and for his good efforts, Siebold invites an excited Cilan to his restaurant where he'll cover for him and the children.

Siebold and Cilan get a chance to converse up on the highest floor of Siebold's restaurant and Cilan mentions him being a fan of his Connosseur lifestyle saying he's never met an S ranked Connosseur before nor as he met one outside Unova that has much class and recognition of cooking as an art form. This causes Siebold flattered as Cilan's the first person he meets that has called cooking art, Siebold decides to ask what Cilan's goal is for the region and Cilan mentions that he's going around the world writing a worldwide cooking blog and chose Kalos because of Siebold's restaurant.

Intrigued, Siebold asks Cilan for a request that bein battle and that if Cilan wins, he gets the highest quality 3 course meal to document on his blog, if he loses, he only gets one course which intrigues Cilan, and he agrees to that offering. Siebold sets up the battle stage full of water-based decorations and a pool of water from all sides. Siebold mentions that he won't go easy as an Elite Four member and Cilan agrees saying that he won't hold back as a Gym Leader.