Chapter 5: A champion's determination

Prior to the event at the auditorium.

We see Ash and Nemona training in the morning as Nemona wanted to start training as soon as possible and started at around 6:00 am 2 hours before the welcoming ceremony. We see Ash observing Nemona's Pokemon as part of their first step in Nemona's training was to learn how to defend and avoid from attacks and attack when the time is right while Cyclizar is sleeping. "Keep dodging you two!" Nemona said to her two active Pokemon as Pawmi was dodging Quaxly's attacks while Fuecoco was dodging Pikachu's attacks. "Alright Nemona, prepare yourself! Pikachu Iron Tail from above and Quaxly use Wing Attack from above!" Ash commanded as Pkachu's tail metalize and Quaxly's wings glowed and jumped.

Nemona thought for a second and an idea was thought up, "Fuecoco, use bite on Pikachu's tail and Pawmi, dig!" Nemona yelled out as Fuecoco bites Pikachu's tail and Pawmi quickly digs to avoid Quaxly's wings as Ash nods. "Alright and stop!" Ash said as Fuecoco let's go of Pikachu and he pats Fuecoco's head while Pawmi digs up and fist bumps Quaxly. We then see Jacq trying to search for Ash eventually spotting him and Nemona in the distance and waves towards them. "Ash, Nemona!" Jacq says running towards them.

"Ah Mr. Jacq, is there an emergency? Did the Student Council room catch on fire again!?" Nemona said worryingly to which Jacq shakes his heas, "No no, nothing like that. I just came here to inform you that we'll be having our ceremony to celebrate Ash's inauguration into the academy, and I just wanted to see if you would be interested in talking about Ash for the first half of the ceremony?" Jacq asks which got Nemona interested and Ash kind of nervous but optimistic. "Sure thing Mr. Jacq." Nemona said cheerfully. Jacq looked to Ash with optimism.

"As for you Ash and Pikachu, I'm going to borrow you for a second and then we'll head for the auditorium. Your mom told Clavell that he wanted a picture of you in your school uniform and Pikachu in his tie and so we'll go ahead and take care of that real quick." Jacq said happily causing Ash and Pikachu to groan but shook it off as they went with Jacq to have their picture taken elseware as Ash's Pokemon began to follow along with Nemona not far behind. In the background, we see Penny taking notes on Ash but for what reason is still unknown.

The ceremony from the last chapter went on without any issues with Ash and Pikachu introducing themselves with the students talking amongst themselves about what they think about the new champion. Some are excited that a major figure in the world of battling is joining their academy, some are eager to battle Ash while others are skeptical as to why a twelve-year-old is a champion but one student in particular was a female student that had some sort of emotionless look on her face and looked on at the champion from a distance.

After the ceremony was finished, the students were then instructed to start their classes with Jacq bringing along Ash to his classroom for Homeroom to introduce himself. As they were walking, Ash and Pikachu noticed all the wonderful things going on such as students reading books with their Pokemon, students battling outdoors and exercising, students making wonderful dishes in Home Economics and students learning about history (ok maybe not that last part). "I wonder what my school life is going to be like Pikachu?" "Pika?" they say, "Well Ash, everyone's story is different, and you just have to make that path for yourself for the future." Jacq said encouragingly as they got to the classroom.

The three enter the classroom in which Ash sees a classroom full of 14 students all ranging from different ages and appearances such as two adult students (a man and a woman), a girl who's guided by a guide Pokemon (a Midday Lycanroc), the emotionless girl from before and Ash sees a familiar sight, he sees Nemona (looking at a Pokemon battle guide), Penny (playing on her phone) and Arven (Looking at pasta recipes) with the latter two Ash and Pikachu encountered on their first day which got all three's attention. So, Ash is in this class with us Nemona, Penny and Arven thought to themselves as they stopped what they were doing to pay attention to the new student. "Now class, I know you're all excited and you've heard his name already, but I would like you all to give our student Ash and his Pikachu a warm welcome and please be respectful and don't treat Ash if he was any different." Jacq said as the class clapped.