ACT 18

"What about Zena?"

"When I was in Cotacs, I researched these simulation cases. The children recruited during the cold war, the families who initially complained and then were silenced...

Normally you don't have access to such documents. Let's say you found a way to access it. If this is realised, you disappear in an instant. So I moved slowly.

"Wait, wait, I'm confused. This period you were in Cotacs was before the rebellion?"

"Yes, I got out a year before the rebellion started. If I remember correctly, I was in Cotacs for 7 years in total. Since I was there for a very long time, I figured out where and how the files were stored, their general logic. And I accessed these documents that are not normally easy to access. Of course, none of the writings were in English. Cotacs has a language with its own alphabet. It is called "Dievo Raštai". I didn't understand all of it at the time because I didn't have a full command of it. I copied some of the files and destroyed the evidence. But I don't know how, they must have realised somehow. They tried to kill me with one last mission and sent a secret unit to my house to make sure I was dead. Fortunately, I managed to find a way to escape.

One year before the rebellion.

"Hey Babka, General Vojna wants you to come round. He said it's about your exit petition. Are you sure you want to get out, mate? We've been doing some good work here."

"I'm coming now, Lombard." (He leaves the repair work he was doing, stands up and walks towards Lombard). Yeah, we've been doing great, but I'm tired, Lombard. And it might be nice to take a break. But even if I leave here, let's definitely do something (Lombard taps his hand on his shoulder)."

"(Lomabrd smiles slightly). Of course we will. Anyway, you go to the general without delay. If you are late, then I will be punished."

With quick steps Babka passes through the door at the end of the long corridor and enters the general's room.

Babka enters and salutes.

When the general sees Babka enter, he gestures for him to sit down.

"Babka, I called you here about your exit petition. I want to talk to you a little bit. I understand the reason for your exit. Being in Cotacs, participating in operations can become seriously tiring after a while. People who are not committed here already see the training sessions and leave (he laughs slightly). You have been here for a long time. You have received a very good training. You have shown very successful performances in operations. My only complaint is that at some points you can't forget your past. As it is mentioned in the sacred črno sonce "Sometimes the past can be impossible for us to forget, but if we do not forget the past, we cannot focus on the future. At some point this starts to affect what we do. And we deviate from the path of the Black Sun." And in fact, I can see that at this point, you're getting too caught up in your past. I'm going to try to help you one last time. One last operation. Then I'll authorise your release."

Babka thought about objecting at first, but there was no way she could leave Cotacs without General Vojna approving the exit certificate. He had to go to this last operation. Then he could go to his friend in Austria to translate into English the documents he had seized last week.

"Of course, General Vojna! It would be an honour for me to do this last operation. Am I going on this operation alone, sir?"

"No, no. I won't send you alone. I'll send Lombard and a number of freshly minted soldiers with you. I have full confidence in you and Lombard for the mission. I don't think you'll let me down. I'll give you the details of the missions later. You're dismissed for now."

"Understood, Sir!"

Babka stood up and headed for the door.

General Vojna added behind him

"Tell Lombard to come round."

Babka nodded and went out. He walked down the long corridor to Lombard. After explaining the conversation, he told him that the general had summoned him and started the basic preparations for the operation. Adjusting the casings of the bullets, loading the weapons into the warehouses, selecting the vehicles to be used...

A few hours later Lombard came back. He was holding several documents in his hand.

"Here are the operation documents. Have a look at these."

He handed the documents towards Babka.

When Babka examined the documents, there were operational details on them, such as the location they were to go to, the targets they had to eliminate. Of course, it was also written in Dievo Raštai so that it would not be understood by others.

Dievo Raštai was a language of strange shapes and signs. It was created by Black Sun when he decided to write the Holy črno sonnet.

 It was created by Black Sun when he decided to write the Holy črno sonnet

Underneath the documents there were parts in English translated by Lombarda. Babka Dievo knew how to read Raštai, but not as well as Lombard.

On the right side of the document was a picture of the person they were supposed to kill. He was an old man with white hair and beard, wearing a hat. After examining the documents thoroughly, Lombard handed them back and stood up.

"So this is our last operation together, Lombard, huh?"

"Officially our last operation, yes. But Babka, you never know what life will show us. After the operation, maybe we will work together in different places. Come on, put on your armor and let's hit the road. We have a long hard road ahead of us."

Babka went and put on her armor and closed the security locks, one on each arm. As he closed the safety locks, the armor's sleeves made a sound. The gaiters at the elbows tightened and fit Babka's arms snugly.

Finally, he took his large helmet with its thick, bulletproof lenses and put it on his head. As soon as he put it on his head, the artificial intelligence kicked in and a blue LED screen with data was projected on the glass.

"Welcome to the Bábka Veira Cotacs System. Drapsmann is being finalized.....Drapsmann is ready for use. Good Hunting!