ACT 3

When Bose stepped outside, he realized he couldn't remember where he had parked his car. Last night, he had struggled to get home while drunk, barely making it inside, and he couldn't recall how he had parked the car in the first empty spot he found. After a bit of searching, he found his car nearby in the next parking area. Thankfully, he hadn't parked too far away; finding the car would have taken him a long time otherwise. Starting the car, he noticed he was running a bit late. Quickly, he started his grey Chevrolet and hit the road.

His car was one of the rare things left to him by his family. When he was eight years old, he had lost his parents in a car accident, and his brother had fallen into a coma due to the crash. He had a few memories of his family, but sadly, none of them were pleasant. Following the accident, he had started living with the Apestal and Menos couple, family friends who managed a company under a charity umbrella. Until he turned 18, he never faced any financial difficulties, but he was left stranded after they suddenly went bankrupt. Despite receiving a good education, the eruption of war and the collapse of the American economy by the Russians had made his life challenging.

Other than a few remaining photographs of himself and his family, having something like his car made him feel lucky.

Zena lived north of Fremont. Although the speed limit was normally 60, Bose was going at 100. The roads were usually empty at night, and he thought he wouldn't get a ticket for speeding. Deciding to stop by a market on the way and buy some wine, he greeted the cashier and headed for the wine section. Zena loved both red and white wine, so he couldn't decide which one to buy and decided to call Zena to ask if she needed anything else. Although she usually always answered her phone, this time she strangely didn't pick up. Thinking she hadn't heard the phone, he decided to buy the red wine. When he reached the cashier, he was shocked to hear that the price of the wine was $50. Normally, he would have bought this beautiful wine for $5 or $10 a few months ago; the fact that it had become so expensive in a short time was a representation of the significant collapse of the country's economy. He and Zena had made plans to leave the country. However, they needed to save a bit of money. Although it seemed difficult to achieve this with their current jobs, over the years, Bose had managed to secure multiple raises from Mr. Hackson for himself and Zena, significantly strengthening their relationship. They had almost completed saving the money they needed. Only a small portion was left, which would probably be completed within a few weeks. Finally, they would be able to leave this terrible country. Although Bose loved his country, the government and the ignorant sector of the country had caused him to grow cold towards it. In a few weeks, they would go to another country, where they would strive to live the life they deserved and return to their old selves. And with the stress gone, it wouldn't be as difficult as they thought. All they needed was a life where they didn't think about economic problems or thought less about them, received the respect and value they deserved.

After leaving the market, Bose quickly got into his car and continued on his way. About 2 or 3 minutes before arriving at Zena's house, he decided to call her again. He dialed her number and started calling her. However, despite a long beep, she still didn't pick up. Although he was starting to get a little worried, he thought there was no need for unnecessary worry and assumed she hadn't heard the phone. About 3 minutes later, he saw Zena's house with its red roof and grey walls. He parked the car in front of the house, grabbed the flowers and the bag with wine from the market, locked the car, and headed for the door. Other than a classical music playing loudly, there was no other sound coming from inside. As he approached the door to knock, he noticed it was open.

 As he approached the door to knock, he noticed it was open

 Pushing the door, he entered. He placed the bag and the bouquet of flowers on the shoe rack next to the door. Inside, there was a strange, intense smell of blood and ozone. Bose started calling out Zena's name as he began to explore the house. Thinking the music definitely came from the living room, he looked there first, but the room was empty. The music played in the background as if it had no source. Running out of the living room, he went upstairs on the right side of the stairs. At the same time, he noticed blood flowing down the stairs. When he reached Zena's room upstairs, he found her lying on the floor with her head shattered. He froze. Unable to move his body or even the slightest facial expression, he suddenly felt intense pain at the back of his head. Then everything went black, and he collapsed to the ground. Before losing consciousness, he heard a few words from the killer who had struck him on the head.

"How could this be?"

Just before fainting, he heard the killer's words.

"I finally found you, brother."

Then everything went black, and an infinite silence and coldness enveloped him.