ACT 4

Unknown Date - Germany

Bose began to slowly regain consciousness. As he stretched, attempting to come to, his hand hit something. There was a sound, as if striking glass. When he tried to open his eyes, he realized his eyelashes were stuck together. After managing to open them, he was shocked by what he saw. He was floating in a colorless liquid inside a glass container. Then he noticed the strange tube in his mouth, seeming to extend into his stomach. When he tried to swiftly hit the glass to test it, he felt intense pain in his arm. It was trapped. No, not just his arm, his entire body was trapped. He couldn't move; attempting to caused him pain. As he struggled to understand what was happening, he heard classical music in the distance. It was the same music that played in Zena's house. Zena! Zena, no. He had lost her. The only person he valued in this life was gone. But who, why had someone killed her so brutally? As he grappled with questions, the top lid of the container opened, and a rush of liquid began to rise...

After passing through numerous tunnels rapidly, he saw a light and emerged from a tunnel, feeling as though he was flying through the air before landing. When he stood and looked around, he found himself in a strange field of flowers. Then a word echoed in his mind, "Asphodelus! Asphodelus! Asphodelus!" Suddenly, everything turned dark. All sounds vanished into an intense silence. It was soft, like cotton.

"Hey Bose, how are you today? How are the nurses treating you?" (At that moment, arranging a bouquet of flowers in a vase). "I have both good news and bad news for you. Let me start with the bad news. Do you remember Uncle Apestal and Aunt Menos' companies? Well, Uncle Apestal got a promotion and will be going to Austria. He arranged a job for me in the company as well. With the economy here, it's challenging to cover hospital expenses alone. Therefore, I'll have to go with them. So, we probably won't be able to see each other for a while. But once I settle there and fix my situation, I'll definitely get you admitted to a hospital there. Maybe it won't even be necessary. Doctor Riffard says your condition is improving, and you might come out of the coma soon. So, unfortunately, I have to say goodbye when I visit you next week."

"Other than that, it looks like Russia is gearing up for war; many countries are gathering for that reason. It's basically the same messed-up world, just a bit more serious this time. The bad guys are generally like that, so in short, nothing has changed for the country. I went to a few concerts of those few bands we really wanted to see, without you. I'm sorry, but I had fun." (She lets out a little laugh). "By the way, I didn't forget, I brought Mom's favorite flowers, Asphodelus..."

Asphodelus

Asphodelus

Asphodelus

...

When Bose opened his eyes, the air had darkened. He was lying in a strange, colorful sludge-like substance. His head was still spinning. He struggled to stand. Drops began to lightly fall on his face. It was raining. However, strangely, the drops that fell didn't seem like water. They stung where they landed, smelling of ozone. He managed to stand, despite some stumbling. Shoving aside the Asphodelus, he began to walk without knowing where. Each drop that touched his body caused a mild burning sensation. But it wasn't intensely painful; it was a sweet ache. With every step he took on the wet soil of the field, there were squishing sounds, and mud splattered around.

As he continued walking, he surveyed his surroundings. Despite the evening setting in, the sky had a pinkish hue. When he looked up, he saw towering buildings tearing through the sky. He turned towards them and started walking. In the distance, he could hear what sounded like a few car noises. If he was hearing right, he was near a main street, amidst a flower field.

 If he was hearing right, he was near a main street, amidst a flower field

After a while, he encountered a vast empty space. On the ground, there was only a strange symbol, with "COTACS" written beneath it.

 On the ground, there was only a strange symbol, with "COTACS" written beneath it

He didn't know what this meant

He didn't know what this meant. Why was there such an area in the middle of this vast field? He was aware that nothing made sense right now. This symbol, this vast area, or this strange name... But more important than any of these was figuring out where he was right now.

Continuing to walk without knowing where he was headed, he suddenly began to hear the same classical music again. But this time, there was an extra, strange sound. It was like the combination of lightning striking and the teleportation sound from Back to The Future. Then, a dense beam of light appeared in the air, accompanied by a loud noise and a rush of wind. Wincing from the light, he turned his head towards the empty space where he saw the strange symbol. After the intense light and sound, a peculiar craft descended into the empty space. He heard an unfamiliar metallic opening sound. Then footsteps. A lot of them. Followed by shouts in an unfamiliar language, then the sound of running. What was happening? Who was coming? What was that shouting he heard? As the running footsteps drew nearer, Bose began to run without knowing where he was going. With each pounding heartbeat, the footsteps of the boots, and the rain, he heard nothing else. All he wanted was to escape all this and just rest a bit.

 All he wanted was to escape all this and just rest a bit