ACT 8

Babka stepped off the highway onto a side road for a while. After proceeding down the side road for some time, they turned right and arrived at their single-story house with a garage, a bit outside the city. They parked the car in the garage and checked on Bose. Exhausted from the wounds, Bose lay unconscious in the back. They got out of the car, opened the back door, and carefully took Bose out. Slowly, they opened the door from the garage into the house and went inside.

It was a house with a large living room, equipped with an American-style kitchen, and a large bedroom. They went to the bedroom and gently laid Bose down on the bed. They checked the wounds again; the bleeding had stopped thanks to the stitches and fresh bandages. However, they needed a long rest.

After leaving Bose in the bedroom, they headed towards the living room. There was a desk next to the door with case files they had examined before. They were very tired, but they couldn't relax until they solved the mystery that had caused them so much trouble. Moreover, today had already been as bad as it could get. Bose was being hunted everywhere by the Cotacs. Without their ability to change appearances, they would have been caught by now. They needed to work. They wanted to retire as soon as possible. They had their eye on a house by the shore. They wanted to buy it and watch the sunset live from their front porch, take walks on the beach whenever they wanted. Time had passed, life had changed. But the desire to retire was still just a classic old-age dream.

They began examining the case files they had secretly copied from the police station on the desk. At that moment, their eye caught a glimpse of an identity card on the shelf. It read, "Collected on behalf of Babka Veira by Vril."

In the past...

Uncle Apestal was repairing the car when Escola approached to say hello. He was thinking of taking the car and visiting Bose in the hospital for the last time before handling the moving tasks. But the car didn't seem to be fixed. "I guess I'll need to use the bus," he said. "I might be too old for this kind of work now, Apes," he added with a laugh. Uncle Apestal mentioned that he could take Menos Aunt's car. "But don't be late for the evening, I don't want you to miss your flight, and I'm giving you my final warning. Promise me you'll listen," he added. Escola helped to bring out Menos Aunt's luggage and belongings.

After the Escola family's car accident, they began living with Apestal and Menos, who they knew as family friends. During this time, it was impossible to pay the hospital bills. Their father was useless, so expecting him to pay or support them was out of the question. Escola had last seen him the night Russian soldiers came to their house and spoke to their parents. The next morning, he had left. When he found his mother crying with her hands over her face, he asked what had happened, but she said urgently that she was going to Austria for work and that they would be moving there permanently in a few months. A few months later, they woke their mother up at three in the morning and left, but unfortunately their car was hit by another car, flipping it over. They paid the hospital bills with the support of the "charity foundation" they ran. During this process, Uncle Apestal did such a good job that he was appointed manager of the foundation's headquarters. So Apestal and Menos decided to move from Germany to Austria. At first, Escola had thought of finding a way to stay in Germany and take care of Bose, but it was impossible for him to pay the hospital bills alone. Between the hospital, rent, bills, and food expenses, his salary wasn't enough for anything else. Besides, there were rumors of war between America and Russia lately. So there was no option for him to stay here now. But he certainly wouldn't leave Bose there. He planned to sort out the situation a bit and transfer Bose to a hospital in Austria. Escola had discussed with Doctor Riffard, a close friend of his father's who had been taking special care of Bose, during his visit last week, that Bose's condition was improving and he would likely come out of the coma soon. If he came out during this time, they planned to go together. 

After taking Aunt Menos' car, he headed towards the hospital, but as always, he had a plan to visit his mother's grave. Whenever he visited, he stopped by the florist across from the cemetery to buy flowers. There was always *Asphodelus in a vase by his mother's bed and during his examination. He never understood why his mother always kept the same type of flower in a vase. Whenever they asked, they either didn't get a satisfactory answer or were told they would understand later. It wasn't a very popular type of flower. Except for the florist across from the cemetery, none of the other shops along the way sold it.

 Except for the florist across from the cemetery, none of the other shops along the way sold it

The etymology of the genus name is unclear. It is an ancient Greek word and a general term for the asphodel plant. The plants were considered the plant of Hades in mythology and therefore were often planted in cemeteries. There is a low probability that the prefix "a-" is added to the word "sphallo," which means to hide, which means that the plants cannot be hidden, as the plants are tall and seen in clusters made up of many individuals. The plant's common name in our language is asphodel, which originated from Persian (سريش). Both Greeks and Romans planted asphodel on graves, and these flowers were considered symbols of the afterlife, and it was believed that the Elysian Fields were filled with these flowers. The hollyhock (Alcea) planted together with asphodel was a measure taken to ensure that the dead did not go hungry in the Elysian Fields. Persephone is often depicted wearing a crown of asphodel. It was planted at the entrances of farms to protect against harmful spells.

Therefore, since he came here every time, he was now recognized by the florist.

The inside wasn't overly large. There was a large counter across from the door, flowers on the right and left of the counter, and a greenhouse at the back.

He went inside and greeted with his head. What caught his attention was that Neumno was always in the shop whenever he came. Neumna is tall. He is a black man with black beards and black afro hair.

 He is a black man with black beards and black afro hair

However, this time Neumno wasn't there. Instead, there was a man with short black hair and a handlebar mustache. Despite coming many times, he had never encountered this man before. He had a black sun tattoo on his arm and another black eye tattoo.

Ricardo handed over the Asphodelus directly without asking any questions. When Escola offered payment, he received an unexpected response. "Your payment has been made for the first and last time." Escola couldn't make sense of what was happening. After a while, he reacted by saying, "What do you mean, I couldn't understand who paid for it." In response, Ricardo simply nodded, went inside, and disappeared from sight.

Escola didn't understand what had happened, but he needed to go to the hospital and leave as soon as possible. It was approaching noon. Without further delay, he left the florist without questioning the incident and proceeded towards the cemetery...