Ch30: We Are Shadow Garden

Beta: The Cult has captured Princess Alexia and Lady Claire.

Me: What?

Beta: They were travelling together on the way back to the capital when the carriage transporting them was attacked.

Me: Why were they together?

Beta: According to those we'd stationed to keep an eye on the Princess, Princess Alexia spotted Lady Claire as her carriage passed the latter en route to the capital and offered her a ride.

Me: So pure coincidence?

Beta: From what we can tell, yes.

Me: Have we identified which of the two was the target?

Beta: We think both were, for related reasons.

Me: Wha...no, never mind. That's not important right now.

Beta: Lord Shadow?

Me: Beatrix-

Beatrix: I am yours to command.

Me: I need you to play the role of Shadow's enemy...my enemy.

Beatrix: But-

Me: Just long enough to ensure the rest of the city is distracted from our primary objective. You can say you were protecting your master, Cid Kagenou.

She bows her head.

Me: Beta...inform everyone that they are to move on all known enemy locations at once.

Beta: Yes, Lord Shadow. What will you do?

Me: I'll find what's mine.

Not waiting for her to respond, I stomp my foot on the ground causing magic to flow outwards from me. Purple lines engulf the entire city as I search for my lost girls, the occasional discharge of electric current being the only sign of ulterior motives.

As everyone continues staring at my magic in disbelief, the other members of Shadow Garden position themselves all over the city. I can feel their presence and hear when Alpha mentions that everything is set. It's only then that I launch a ball of purple light towards the sky, momentarily illuminating the city in such light that for a time it is as if the very sun has returned during night.

At once, explosions ring out across the city as they initiate the operation. However...

Me: Found you.

Without waiting, I blast off towards the city centre but I'm quickly intercepted by Beatrix as we cross into public view. The sheer blast from our attacks is enough to pull the attention of everyone in the area.

Beatrix: How dare you attack my master!

She swings her sword, the blade barely missing my head as I step back before kicking her in the stomach and sending her flying towards the nearest building.

Me: Oh? You'd like to challenge me?

Iris: You!

I turn around to find Alexia's sister angrily marching towards me. 

Me: Don't get involved civilian.

Iris: How dare you-

Beatrix: Got you-

Beatrix: Got you-

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
The Eminence In Shadow (Book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें