Ch7: Terrorists (3)

Sherry: I'm close-

Me: It's slipping-

Sherry: I...I got it!

Me: Impressive

Me: Impressive.

Sherry: Now I can control the Eye and stop it from interfering with our magic-

Me: Just like that?

Sherry: Well, I have to get closer but yes.

Me: How do you plan on getting to them? They have the place surrounded.

Sherry: Well, my father showed me a secret path from his office...

I watch as she takes the artefact over to the bookshelf where she fiddles around with a few books until a path opens, revealing a staircase descending into darkness.

Sherry: I can't thank you enough for the help that you've given me.

Me: But?

Sherry: This is something I have to do alone.

Ahh, so the time has come. It's about time, to be fair, for me to make my entrance as Shadow as well. Very well, I'll leave you be this time.

Me: I understand. In that case, good luck.

She smiles, rising on her toes as she gives me a peck on the cheek before turning away, her face flushed red.

Sherry: I hope to see you again.

Me: I-

She presses her finger to my lips, stopping my words in their track before disappearing into the hidden tunnel's dark depths. I watch her leave until I can no longer feel her presence before closing the passageway behind her.

With her sent on her way, I complete preparations on my end before heading over to the auditorium's roof. I'm joined by girls from Shadow Garden, including Gamma. Beneath us, Nu sits amongst the group of students herded together like sheep for slaughter. 

Gamma: Lord Shadow, we're all in position. However, I regret to inform you that of the-

Me: Wait on the signal.

Gamma: What signal, m'lord?

I don't reply. I don't need to, as the students down below begin attacking with their magic having returned.

Me: Against all the odds...she really was the main character of this story arc.

With that, I smash the glass beneath my feet, ready to make my grand entrance as Shadow and just in the nick of time too as I manage to save Rose yet again.