Ch7.5

Sherry's POV:

I can't believe I'm doing this, especially for a man I've only met once, the same man that would have killed my...no. That is precisely why I am here. I need to know my actions weren't for nothing. I killed...I killed him. I need to know why.

Then there's this...this artefact. It seems that man was after it as well but I'm not sure as to why. He's shown me some courtesy by allowing me to keep it, if only to bring it to his people but I get the feeling that if I were to run off with it he'd hunt me down and kill me. I should be afraid but-

 I should be afraid but-

????: Hello-

Me: Um...hello?

????: Welcome to Mitsugoshi. How can we help you?

Me: Um...I was told to speak with a lady who goes by the name...Gamma?

The lady's eyes flash with a hint of recognition as a look I can't quite place crosses her face but an overly friendly smile quickly replaces it.

????: Of course...right this way, ma'am.

She diverts me away from the crowd and towards a separate, seemingly private, part of the complex. As we walk, she remains silent and doesn't glance my way once but I can't help but take in her features. It's hard to spot but she isn't "normal" is she?

????: Right through here, ma'am.

She knocks twice on a door before it opens to reveal a room that could easily pass for an office. Wait, am I-

????: Welcome

????: Welcome.

Why do I feel like I'm trapped?

????: You wished to speak with me?

Me: Umm...

I glance around, nervously, at the many girls in the room. None are looking at me save for the black-haired woman at the end of the room. Neither is her blonde companion, but I still feel like my life is in danger.

????: You can speak freely here. Pay them no mind. Unless you're here with bad intentions?

At that, I lean forward, making sure to bow my head as I hold out the box with the artefact.