Ch12.5

While Cid and Aurora explored the Sanctuary, other events were unfolding as Shadow Garden also infiltrated the facility in search of the truth. This is their story, told from varying perspectives...

<->

Alexia's POV:

Archbishop: Get the congregation outside! Immediately!

Knights: Sir!

Archbishop: Don't let anyone near that door!

Knights: The Goddess's Trial has ended!

Knights: Please exit quickly!

Now, ladies, we don't want to risk putting you in further danger so let's exit the stadium and-

Archbishop: Huh? What are you-

Archbishop: Y-you! It can't be! Shadow Garden?

????: My apologies, Your Highnesses, but I ask that you behave yourselves until the door is closed.

Both Rose and I tense at that but the woman merely turns her attention to another.

????: It's all up to you now.

????: Understood, Lady Alpha.

So she's Lady Alpha. She's the one that my sister encountered while looking for me during that event in the capital-

Archbishop: When did you-

Alpha: Delta-

Delta: Yes, your ladyship, sir!

Much to my surprise, they walk past us as if we don't exist. I am tempted to attack, if for nothing else than to prove that we're important as well but my body remains rooted to the spot. Even if she's not being blatant with it, she's strong. I can feel it right down to my bones. She's much stronger than Iris.

I watch in amazement as most of their group heads down to the door where they vanish upon touching it. The archbishop screams at them to stay out of the Sanctuary but he's quickly subdued by two girls who appear out of the blue seizing both him and Natsume.