Part 64 Irene

With a nod, Lucas introduced himself and Emily to Irene. "I'm Lucas Nelson, and this is Emily Hood," he began, before hesitating slightly. "I believe Daniel Walton might be my father."

Irene's reaction was immediate. Without a word, she turned on her heel and disappeared back into her house. Lucas and Emily exchanged puzzled glances, unsure if they were meant to follow her or not.

After a few moments, Irene reappeared, her glasses perched on her nose as she regarded Lucas with a scrutinizing gaze. "Yeah, you're Danny's boy alright," she declared, her tone carrying a mix of surprise and recognition. "Y'all better come in."

As they entered the house, Irene led them into her living room, where she carefully retrieved a stack of old photographs from a nearby shelf. Dusting them off with a gentle hand, she laid them out on the old and worn coffee table before Lucas and Emily.

"These are school pictures of Daniel," Irene explained, her voice tinged with nostalgia. "See for yourself how much you favor him."

As Emily studied the photographs, her eyes widened in astonishment. "Wow," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper. "You look so much like him, Lucas. It's uncanny."

Lucas's gaze flickered between the photographs and Irene, his mind racing with a whirlwind of emotions. Seeing the images of Daniel at various stages of his life stirred something deep within him, a sense of connection that he couldn't quite explain.

"Yeah," he replied softly, his voice tinged with disbelief. "I never realized how much I resemble him until now."

Emily reached out and gently squeezed Lucas's hand, offering him a silent gesture of support. "Except for the eyes," she added, her tone thoughtful. "Rose said Daniel has his mother's eyes."

Lucas nodded, his brow furrowing in contemplation. The mention of his mother only added another layer of complexity to the mystery surrounding his identity, leaving him grappling with a flood of unanswered questions.