Part 30: Mason & Angelique

Sheriff Mason Landry stood over the lifeless body of Joy Landry, his cousin and the last remaining member of his family besides his mother. Grief weighed heavily on his shoulders as he surveyed the gruesome scene before him, his heart heavy with sorrow for the loss of his beloved cousin.

With a heavy sigh, Mason turned his attention to Angelique Devereux, who sat nearby, her face pale and her eyes wide with shock. She had discovered Joy's body moments ago, her screams echoing through the empty theater, a haunting melody of terror that pierced the silence of the night.

"Angelique," Mason said softly, his voice tinged with sadness as he approached her. "I'm so sorry you had to find her like this. Are you okay?"

Angelique nodded numbly, her gaze fixed on Joy's lifeless form as tears welled up in her eyes. She struggled to find her voice, her mind reeling from the horror of what she had just discovered.

Mason reached out a comforting hand, gently placing it on Angelique's shoulder as he tried to offer some semblance of solace. "I know this is hard to understand," he said quietly, his voice filled with sorrow. "But we need to figure out what happened here. Can you tell me anything about when you found her?"

Angelique shook her head, her voice barely above a whisper as she struggled to find the words. "I... I didn't see anything," she stammered, her thoughts still consumed by the shock of the discovery. "I just heard... heard her screams and... and I ran."

Mason's heart ached for Angelique as he watched her struggle to come to terms with the horrors of the night. He knew that there were no words he could offer to ease her pain, but he vowed to do everything in his power to bring whoever was responsible for Joy's death to justice.

As he stood there, memories of his childhood with Joy flooded his mind, the two of them inseparable as they explored the world together. But now, all that remained was the bitter sting of loss, a painful reminder of the fragility of life and the darkness that lurked in the shadows.