Part 57: Secrets Revealed

With tears streaming down her face, Rose enveloped Lucas in a tight embrace, her arms offering solace and reassurance amid overwhelming emotions. "Oh, Lucas," she murmured, her voice thick with emotion. "I'm so glad you made it. So glad you're safe."

Confusion flickered in Lucas's eyes as he pulled back slightly, searching Rose's tear-streaked face for answers. "What do you mean, made it?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

Taking a deep breath, Rose steadied herself, her gaze locked with Lucas's. "The day you were born," she began, her voice trembling with suppressed anguish. "Andi came to me, frantic and terrified. She was going into labor, and she knew that the witch hunters were on her trail."

Lucas's heart pounded in his chest as he listened, the pieces of the puzzle slowly falling into place. "She made me promise," Rose continued, her voice barely more than a whisper. "She made me promise to get you out of Ruby Falls, to keep you safe no matter what."

A chill ran down Lucas's spine as he realized the gravity of Rose's words. "And you did," he breathed, his mind reeling with the weight of the revelation.

Rose nodded, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. "I did," she confirmed, her voice trembling with emotion. "I sent you away with my brother James, told him to take you as far from here as he could. He needed his wife Renee to tend to baby Lucas while he drove. He agreed to do it if I'd watch Russell and Emily while they were gone. That was the day they were killed and I never knew what happened to the baby until now."

The weight of Rose's confession hung heavy in the air, the enormity of the moment sinking in with each passing second. For Lucas, it was a revelation that reshaped his understanding of his own identity, a truth that left him reeling yet strangely comforted by the knowledge that he was never truly alone.