Part 27: Joy

Joy Landry bustled around the Reel Joy Theater, her voice ringing out above the clamor of activity as she directed her staff in preparation for the upcoming werewolf movie festival. Angelique Devereux, her cousin Mason's close friend and employee, watched from the sidelines, a frown creasing her brow.

"Joy, I really don't think this is a good idea," Angelique ventured, stepping forward to voice her concerns.

Joy barely spared her a glance, her attention consumed by the task at hand. "Nonsense, Angelique! This festival is going to be a huge hit. People love a good scare, and what better way to celebrate than with a werewolf movie marathon?"

Angelique sighed, her unease growing with each passing moment. "But Joy, don't you think it's a bit... insensitive? With everything that's been happening in town lately, I'm worried some people might be offended."

Joy waved off her concerns with a dismissive gesture, her focus unwavering. "Oh, don't be such a worrywart, Angelique. This town could use a bit of excitement, and besides, it's just a movie. No harm done."

Angelique bit her lip, torn between speaking her mind and keeping silent. She considered telling Joy about the encounter she had with the werewolf, about the fear that still lingered in the depths of her mind. But she hesitated, her words catching in her throat as she weighed the consequences.

Before she could gather the courage to speak up, Joy was already barking orders at her staff, her voice rising above the din of activity. Angelique sighed in frustration, realizing that her words had fallen on deaf ears.

As the theater was transformed into a veritable den of werewolf-themed decorations, Angelique couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in the pit of her stomach. She couldn't help but wonder if she was making a mistake by keeping silent, by allowing Joy to forge ahead with her plans unchecked.

But for now, all she could do was watch and wait, her mind swirling with doubts and fears as the festival preparations continued unabated.