Part 17: Angelique

As she walked, the dense canopy of trees overhead cast strange, shifting shadows on the forest floor. Angelique's heart raced as she felt a creeping sense of unease settle over her, the hairs on the back of her neck standing on end.

Suddenly, a low growl echoed from the darkness, freezing Angelique in her tracks. Her breath caught in her throat as she turned to see a pair of glowing red eyes glaring at her from the shadows—a monstrous figure lurking just beyond the edge of the trees. 

With a bloodcurdling howl, the creature lunged from the darkness, its massive form barreling toward Angelique with terrifying speed. Panic surged through her veins as she turned and ran, her footsteps pounding against the forest floor as she fled for her life.

Branches whipped at her face, thorns tore at her clothes, but Angelique pushed on, her only thought to escape the creature that pursued her. She dared not look back, knowing that the sight of the monstrous beast would only fuel her terror.

The sound of the creature's heavy footfalls echoed behind her, growing louder with each passing moment. Angelique's lungs burned, her legs ached with exertion, but still she ran, driven by a primal instinct to survive at any cost.

Just as she felt her strength waning and despair threatening to overwhelm her, Angelique burst from the trees and into the clearing where her trailer stood, a beacon of safety in the darkness. With one final burst of speed, she raced toward the door, praying that it would hold against the creature that pursued her.