Chapter 33 - Sir, am I dreaming?

The new family of three did not know their conversation did not remain private, with the shameless duo outside eavesdropping.

"Sir, am I dreaming?" Butler Song's face belonged to a person who had heard something unbelievable. It was the same as hearing there was an alien arrived on Earth.

"Why not try slapping your face to check?"

Song Tianyu's mouth twitched when Butler Song really slapped his face. "I'm not dreaming, and my hearing is not bad. Sir, the only rational explanation is that they are crazy and delusional."

"Three people that are delusion at the same time about the same thing?"

Butler Song's foolish look turned serious. "Then they must be planning something to harm you, sir. It's best to divorce Miss Lin to keep yourself from any unforeseen danger."

"I don't have plans to divorce if we can get along well." That was why the marriage contract did not state any time limit.

"Sir, there are much better partners you can pick." For two months, Butler Song had been brooding that his master treated his marriage matters rather carelessly. Just because Lin Meili was the first to approach him does not mean he should accept!

Despite the fire in his heart, Butler Song does not dare to overstep his boundaries and just mildly expresses his disagreement.

"She's easy to understand and controllable. Her looks are also passable. What else is lacking in her?"

Butler Song nearly followed his desire to roll his eyes. "How very superficial of you, sir."

"Nevertheless, it suits me." Song Tianyu heard the conversation inside from his earpiece which was becoming precarious. Narrowing his eyes, he waved at the hired nurse waiting alongside them. "Nurse, it's time for the madam to have her medicine."

The nurse thought that there was still half an hour, but still went to interrupt the talk inside. Song Tianyu was the one who paid her salary.

The main problem was temporarily settled and the battle-weary Grandma Lin proposed to leave with her heart still in a mess.

Once they returned to the spacious apartment, Grandma Lin finally let go of her strong front. But her desire to cry failed to command her body to do so, just leaving her bones aching from exhaustion.

She does not want to do anything, think, or worry about anything. At least for now.

Seeing his wife's unusual state, Grandpa Lin made a suggestion. "Let's take a short nap."

Although Grandma Lin doubted she could close her eyes, she followed her husband to bed. Luckily the room had a black-out curtain that the elderly couple had not seen before, tricking them to think it was night.

"She is very different than our Meili," Grandma Lin commented, her eyes staring at the ceiling.

"She's very much like you, but able to switch her temper back and forth." In a not-so-pleasant way of speaking, his wife is hot-tempered and easily forgets her reasoning during arguments. Once angered, it was hard to cool her down.

"Her vicious words are a bit like you. I think... her parents are even worse than us. But she's very much stronger than our Meili."

From what they know so far, Lin Jiayi lived with her father and aunt, so Lin Meili did not run away to the city, but chose to stay. They do not know if Lin Meili was only at the village after Lin Jiayi was born, but they can see the aunt cared about her niece very much, just like a biological mother would.