Chapter 24 - I will just push her down myself

Chapter 24 

I will just push her down myself

Sherly finally snapped in anger. "Karena, are you implying that I'm not worthy of talking to you? Just who do you think you are?!"

"I'm Lin Jiayi."

"I fucking know your name! Do you treat me as a fool?" Sherly's composure was completely gone before Lin Jiayi's innocent expression. No one had dared to be chicky towards her before!

"...Do you want me to be honest?"

"Fuck you and your grandparents! Old people should just die quickly instead of hanging around and wasting resources!"

Facing Sherly's unreasonable curses, Lin Jiayi was still calm. "You are directing that to 'Karena', right?"

"You are fucking Karena, idiot-" Sherly's voice abruptly cut off when she recalled something. Lin Jiayi only gave herself the name 'Karena' after joining their group.

"Can we get going? I'm in a hurry." Even if Grandma Lin was not home, she had told the neighbouring grandmother to prepare her meal. The neighbour's grandmother might tell Grandma Lin that Lin Jiayi came back late.

"You may not remember, but we all know you as Karena."

"The name on my birth certificate is Lin Jiayi. Karena is not my name, or associated with me."

"Everyone in school calls you Karena. You have publicly declared it, and now you want to back off? Karena, just how much of a wimp are you?" Sherly gloated, believing she had grasped Karena's new tick.

Lin Jiayi blinked her eyes slowly, looking at Sherly as if she was slow-witted. "You are inviting Karena over, or Lin Jiayi? If it's the former, then I will leave first."

"Lin Jiayi! Follow me if you want to see that coolie!"

"Oh, I forgot to ask this 'coolie' you are speaking of... who is it? The roof is quite high up and I can't see clearly. Did I wrongly assume it's the same person you are mentioning?"

"It's fucking An Xuexi!"

Lin Jiayi nodded. "Yes, that's the person I'm looking for. Are you going to lead the way?"

These days, being around Grandma Lin and Grandpa Lin made Lin Jiayi very aware that she could not fully understand adults' expressions, except for her aunt and father. The former was because she would also vocally tell Lin Jiayi what was in her thoughts and the latter only had the face of mourning or looking like he smelled something foul.

Now that she was facing Sherly, she found it much easier to guess her expressions that were really exaggerated. That diary had also helped her a lot.

Gritting her teeth, Sherly stomped off to the location. She does not remember Karena being this witty or hard to deal with! Just what kind of medicine did she eat?!

How could Lin Jiayi be decent at shooting comebacks? Or at least at the level of dealing with her peers.

It was all thanks to the CEOs or rich young lady lead novels her little aunt had printed out for her to read. The printing cost was expensive, so Lin Meili only printed out high-rating online novels with good reviews, so the novels Lin Jiayi read had a certain standard with a main character possessing a personality that Lin Meili approved of.

It was illegal to print those online novels without buying the official book, but Lin Meili successfully guilt-tripped everyone in the know of her crime to look the other way. With a hopeless father like Lin Ge Shuai, it was much easier to make Lin Jiayi more pitiful than she actually was.