Chapter 23 - Did An Xuexi rat me out?

Chapter 23 

Did An Xuexi rat me out?

When the teacher called Lin Jiayi in the middle of the lesson to answer a family phone call, her heart was hanging in fear until she heard what Grandma Lin said.

"I don't know when we will be back, so we have to wrong Jiajia to take care of our house. I've prepared some dishes, so ask Grandma Phang from next door to reheat them for you. I've already told her about this. She will prepare rice for you during meal times. Jiajia, don't skip your meals, okay? You are still growing."

Lin Jiayi swallowed the question 'Can I also come?' and obediently answered positively to every instruction.

It does not seem that her aunt was in this world, judging from how Grandma Lin was not behaving weirdly. Even if this aunt was not her own, she still had the urge to meet her.

During the lunch break, Lin Jiayi quickly finished her corn bun made by Grandma Lin before going to find An Xuexi with some medicine and plasters brought secretly from home. It would be better to give her the things after school, but Lin Jiayi was afraid An Xuexi would be occupied by Melissa. That was another problem to be concerned with, but right now, giving her the medicine was easier to accomplish.

Taking a gamble, she went back to the same spot she met An Xuexi yesterday. It was not the direct path from the classroom to the canteen, but if a person wanted to buy better food at the stall outside the school, this was it.

However, it was more pricey than the food in the cafeteria, and most students usually bring their own meals from home, so only students with more pocket money would once in a while treat themselves to the cafeteria or outside food.

Lin Jiayi's eyes brightened when she saw An Xuexi coming, holding onto packets of bread and different sorts of bottled drinks.

Before An Xuexi made up her mind to either ignore Lin Jiayi or ask what she wanted, the person had already stepped in the middle of the path. "I won't take much of your time. Have you treated your injuries? I brought some medicine with me."

"...You are being nice because you feel sorry for me?"

Lin Jiayi slowly nodded.

"I don't need it," An Xuexi said coolly.

Lin Jiayi raised the plastic bag with medicine supplies inside. "You will never lack the need for medicine. You can hide the medicine somewhere for you to take back home after school."

"...Why do you even bother doing this? Do you think this will help me?"

Lin Jiayi always believed that a person would get angry if they were wronged, especially in An Xuexi's case. But there was no anger that could be seen from An Xuexi, only tiredness.

It was similar to how Lin Jiayi was weighed down by the feeling of tiredness and endless helplessness before her father's loathing, unable to change it no matter how much she tried to please him.

"I'm trying, little by little."

An Xuexi was going to be late if she continued to talk, so she just told Lin Jiayi to leave the medicine at the gym storage behind the school building.

Lin Jiayi understood the reason behind her first victory, but she was still happy that An Xuexi accepted the medicine.

What can she do to save her permanently?

'Get rid of the terrible trio.'

For once, her dark thoughts voiced a reasonable suggestion. But how?!