Chapter 31 - Your idea is the same as murder

Lin Meili finally woke up seven hours later.

Doctor Lam hurriedly dropped everything for his colleagues to handle and rushed to check in on her. They did a complete body check-up, but even if they wanted the report to come out quickly, they still needed one day.

"Ah? But Jia Jia's full body check-up came out on the same day," Grandma Lin said, blurry-eyed from exhaustion. Never had she stayed up so late before, and added to the tiredness from the previous day's car ride, she felt like her brain was not working as it should.

"Our hospital uses one of the best equipment the entire world ever has. The check-up will be more detailed and more accurate, hence the result will take some time," Doctor Lam explained.

From the number of test reports that were able to come out within a few hours, Lin Meili had fallen back down from danger level, but not away from danger. Naturally, she could not be discharged and was under observation 24/7.

"Can we see her?" Grandma Lin asked anxiously, which helped to dispel some of her tiredness.

It was the family members, so Doctor Lam agreed to the visitation.

Lin Meili looked clear-headed, and her gaze as she looked at her parents was wary and cautious.

Song Tianyu, who knew they were estranged, does not find it strange. He was also not surprised to see it was the night version of Lin Meili, as now was three in the morning, with no sight of the sun.

But he had expected Lin Meili to have a happier expression after meeting her parents whom she longed to visit. They were the main reason for her existence after all.

Grandpa Lin turned to Song Tianyu. "Can you let us, a family of three speak privately?"

"Of course."

Towards Song Tianyu's leaving, there was a hint of pleading for help in Lin Meili's eyes before it disappeared, becoming firm and resolute.

Song Tianyu's end of his lips curved upward but pretended not to see it. She had to expect to receive a good scolding for ignoring her parents for many years.

Song Tianyu sat on the bench right outside Lin Meili's ward, pulled out his mobile phone and connected his wireless earphones. Butler Song that was beside him saw his sir click on a familiar app icon.

Butler Song shakes his head in disapproval. "Sir, that's rather dishonest of you."

"I'm just a concerned husband for his wife being alone with her parents. Someone had to keep an eye on her in case she got triggered again."

Song Tianyu was not ashamed to eavesdrop on them, or else how would he be able to survive as Huang's son-in-law?

Song Tianyu handed one of the earphone pieces to his butler, who took it and agreed to be lured into the thief's boat.

Installing a camera and mic in Lin Meili's ward was not done out of Song Tianyu's perverseness. They had gotten Doctor Lam's permission to install them!

Well, except for the occupant's consent.

This decision was made after Lin Meili's assistant visited her seemingly out of goodwill, but was actually with the real purpose of doing a phone interview with a reporter.

Lin Meili was so stressed from the headache and the missing memories as soon as sunset came that she started to suspect everyone around her had a bad motive towards her.

With Song Tianyu as the ringleader.

Unknown how her reasoning works, if one believed that head damage does not reduce one's IQ, Lin Meili's assumption that Song Tianyu wanted to kill her was too fantastical. Yet her assistant actually believed her. As for the reporter, they likely agreed to the interview to make some spicy headlines, such as 'Mrs Song gone crazy', or 'Song Tianyu's marriage, From Love to Hate'.