Chapter 10 - You won't exorcist her?

***'Dark thoughts'***

***Normal thoughts***

Chapter 10 

You won't exorcist her?

"Y...You won't exorcist her?" Grandma Lin stared at the abbot blankly. It was a little hard to believe that everything went so smoothly without any problems.

"Is that what you want?"

"No! No, of course not!" The shocked Grandma Lin finally remembered Lin Jiayi. What fall into her eyes broke her heart even further and she reached out to hug Lin Jiayi, who did not dare to move from her hunched back posture. "This is not your fault, child."

Grandma Lin could not understand how this version of Lin Jiayi could grow up in such a way, to be so sensitive to other people's thoughts towards her. If it was her own Jiayi, she would have hot-headedly demanded her right to continue living.

Just how does her other son treat his own daughter until she becomes this careful and timid?

A child that was hurt before is the most sensitive to an adult's emotions even if they do not understand. She sensed Grandpa Lin was not angry with her, with him steadily rubbing her head, so she was worried about how Grandma Lin felt. Sensing there was no hostile emotion directed at her, and even hugging her, the suffocating feeling reduced marginally.

Not even her bad thoughts dared to emerge.

"Her arrival is not done purposely, or with malicious intent. There's no reason for us to remove her," the abbot explained.

"Fate?" Grandpa Lin whispered.

The Taoist stared at Lin Jiayi, whose head was lowered until her chin touched her chest. "I don't sense any curse or Heaven's wrath from her. If not because there are some changes in the energy flow, I won't even notice another soul has crossed over to this world. Is there anything unusual that happened the moment you died?" The Taoist asked.

Lin Jiayi was staring downward, but her ears were actively catching every sound in the room. "Unusual... the seven-coloured bead given by my friend glowed when the explosion happened."

"...Seven-colored bead?" The Taoist turned to look at the abbot. "The seven-coloured bead?"

The abbot calmly said, "How would I know what the other 'me' had done?"

"I will ask him." The Taoist stood up and stepped into another door inside the room.

"We shall wait for his return," the abbot explained to the confused guests.

Grandma Lin hesitated before voicing out her guess. "He went to ask for his God's guidance?"

"No. He went to ask the other me in that world."

Now that Grandpa Lin has become more accepting of bizarre events in the family, he directly questioned something outrageous. "Does the Master Taoist have a way of communicating with the other world where Jiayi came from?"

"You may say that."

"Abbot, could you even tell us that? Won't God want to keep such things a secret from mortals?" Grandma Lin asked fearfully, her eyes wandering around as if the roof would suddenly collapse on them to have them permanently silenced.

"This child is still young and Buddha is forgiving."

Grandma Lin avoided her gaze, rapidly blinking her unusually bright eyes. Her hands had not stopped rubbing Lin Jiayi's back, who had still eyed her lap as if it were the most interesting object in the room.