Chapter 5 - You are not our Jiayi

***'Dark thoughts'***

***Normal thoughts***

Chapter 5 

You are not our Jiayi

"I understand that you are 'Jiayi', but you are not our Jiayi," Grandma Lin said.

Lin Jiayi repeatedly told herself it was a good thing and tried to ignore the feeling of betrayal. These grandparents were not hers and this body was not hers. She also does not know what happened to the other 'Lin Jiayi.' Going to the temple could solve it, even if she was unsure what would happen to her after her counterpart came back.

Could she still have the chance to reincarnate as a 'foreign' soul? Will it hurt if my soul scatters?

But the good thing that came out of her confession was her grandparent's softer attitude towards her.

Of course, what she did not know was that the two elderly had a strange fondness towards her from the start, which they resisted until Lin Jiayi confessed truthfully.

Or else Lin Jiayi would be beaten by Grandma Lin until she confessed.

Lin Jiayi's strange tale was more or less believed by them, as her big difference in personality was not easily faked. Even if it was fake, what good would Lin Jiayi get from it?

Her good attitude had this set of grandparents remember their little wish that their stubborn granddaughter would be softer, just like the little girl standing before them. But even so, they knew very well that this was not their granddaughter.

If the abbot could find a way to let both of their granddaughters stay in this world, they would agree to it.

"Did little aunt go to work early today?" Lin Jiayi asked softly. She was not sure why her question about her aunt earlier exposed her ignorance and was a little curious about it.

"...Can you tell grandma about your aunt in your... world?"

Somewhat sensing Grandma Lin does not want to answer her question, Lin Jiayi obediently tells them about her little aunt. Grandma Lin had a surprised expression hearing her aunt was a librarian, a snort hearing how many suitors her aunt had and a sad look upon hearing how much her aunt had been burdened after her counterpart and her husband passed away.

The trip to the temple was not a short one. It usually took at least three hours to arrive, including the walking distance as transportation was not possible to reach their front gate.

Grandpa Lin stopped to take an early lunch break and the place he had chosen shocked Lin Jiayi. Grandpa Lin had actually chosen a dim sum place!

"Jiayi, are you feeling cold?" Grandma Lin grasped Lin Jiayi's hands to test the temperature. Other than the slight shaking that betrayed Lin Jiayi's fear, it was not cold.

Lin Jiayi could sense Grandma Lin eying her black jacket. "Did this jacket bother Grandma?"

"My granddaughter always wears this thing that I'm already used to it. Do you also wear this sort of clothing?"

"No, this is my first time wearing such a nice jacket."

"There is an even better jacket in the closet than this!" Grandma Lin was a little horrified that this 'Jiayi' liked the jacket, as well as saying this was the nicest she had ever worn. "You can remove the jacket if you are uncomfortable with the heat."

Lin Jiayi quickly used the excuse of being scared of the cold to continue wearing the jacket even if she hated the attention she got.

The people who knew her back in her world were used to her wearing long-sleeved clothing to avoid any accidental contact with machines. She even goes as far as to wear a winter school uniform during the summertime, where sometimes she earned 'she is nuts' stares.

Banjaxedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें