thirty one - 𝙥𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙘 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙠

MISTAKES LIKE THIS

MISTAKES LIKE THIS

💋🪩 " now pretty baby,
i'm running back home to you
fresh out the slammer i know
who my first call will be too "

—IVORY SAT IN HER BED scrolling through her phone, trying not to think about last night. she's been avoiding scott and stiles at all costs, even though one lives in the next room. it made it even worse that she had to return back to school. their mother had been giving them a break after the accident, but today was the day they headed back.

ivory heard her mom speak up as she knocked at the door. "come in." her mother peaked her head around the door with a small smile.

"hey, baby. how do you feel?" melissa sat down on the side of her bed.

"good, i'm just tired." ivory shrugged.

melissa knew their was way more to it. there was a lot more than she thought there was. "you wanna stay home another day?"

ivory sighed, she debated it. she really wanted to, but she already missed two tests. "is scott going?"

melissa looked hesitant at the mention of her son. "yeah." she hit her lip. "do you know what's happening with scott. i mean i know the breakups been hard with him, but he won't speak to me or tell me anything."

ivory hadn't really thought about what her brother was going through and instantly felt bad. she hadn't been there for her brothers heart break. "he's just hurt, i promise he'll open up soon."

melissa half smiled. "i hope."

💋🪩

ivory wanted to die. first day back and it was state testing. ivory was stuck in a room full of people including her brother and stiles.

her assigned seat was directly behind stiles, that had just so happened to be lined up with scott as well.

"ivory we need to talk-" stiles turnt around to face ivory, only to be shushed by mr. harris who begun to speak. stiles huffed, turning around. yesterday wasn't something all three of them could shrug off, stiles was dying to talk about it and figure out what she was, even though it was quite obvious. or not.

"you have 45 minutes to complete the rest. 25% of your grade can be earned right now simply by writing your name on the cover of the blue book."

ivory's pencil met with the blue sheet, carelessly scribbling her name.

"however," mr. harris continued. "as happens every year, one of you with inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and i'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. so let's get the disappointment over with." he held up a timer in hand, clicking the button. "begin."