eleven - 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙚

MISTAKES LIKE THIS

MISTAKES LIKE THIS

💋🪩 — " on and on and on we are
calling out, out again
never looking down,  i'm just in awe of
what's in front of me "

—IVORY LAID IN HER BED, pillows on all side of her, wrapped up in warm blankets as the cold night took over.

just as she was about to let her eyes fall shut, a knock erupted from her door. she groaned, sitting up. "come in!"

scott opened the door with a shy smile. "can we talk?"

her eyebrows scrunched up. "sure." patting her bed, he sat down at the end of the bed.

"are you and stiles dating? because if you are i'm like totally okay with that, it's just a little weird you know? you two hated each other and all i  just—" scott rambled, his words leaving his mouth faster than ivory could process.

"scott!" she shouted, finally getting the boy
quiet. "we're not dating."

he sighed heavily in relief. "thank god." he then paused, confusion taking over his facial features once again. "but-i saw you two kiss. and ever since you've been all over each other."

ivory sighed, knowing she was going to have to tell her brother. "well, we sorta are dating."

"what!"

"i mean, we're fake dating."

scott sunk back down, relief rushing over him again. "why?"

"you know, stiles is in love with lydia, so he's trying to make her jealous." she explained, leaving out details that brought embarrassment towards her.

"that makes sense." scott nodded. "what's in it for you. there's no way you would fake date stiles for his benefit only."

ivory laughed, knowing scott was more than right. "i'm trying to make jackson jealous." she said with her head down in shame.

"you're trying to make that jerk jealous?" he practically scoffed.

"i-it just feels like jackson's trying to taunt me with lydia. he's always looking at me weirdly when he's around her, and i just want to show him that im over him."

"it doesn't seem like you're over him." scott pointed out, almost regretting saying anything when she gave him a narrowed look.