You Don't Mess Around With Shawn

Selena's POV

Shawn and I are have some quality time since he'll be my soon to be brother in law and we're at what I like to call Club Cryptid.

Shawn: It's nice for just us to hang out. Doesn't happen often.

Me: Right.

Shawn: How's the wedding planing going?

Me: Stressful.

Shawn: Understandable. If you guys need help I'm always a call away.

I smile and rub his arm.

Me: Thank you. We are having trouble with if we want a band or a DJ. Any thoughts?

Shawn: Well depends on what band and who the DJ is.

Me: Well we picked a few for both sides. Who would you like to be the band?

Shawn: Well her and I do love Home Free or I can be the DJ if you wanted.

Me: You being a DJ now that'll be a hoot.

We laugh a bit.

Shawn: Well I'm going to get another beer. Want a refill?

Me: Please.

He gets up and grabs our glasses and walks to the bar. It's busy so it'll be a while to get some drinks. I check my phone and see Andrea texted.

Wife to be via text: Hey darling. Everything ok?

Me via text: Yes hunny.

WTB via text: That's good. Having fun with BIL?

Me via text: Of course. He's getting drinks right now.

WTB via text: I'm glad. You deserve it!

Me via text: Him and I are talking about the wedding planning.

As I'm texting Andrea I notice some assholes walking over like five or six of them but as usual I plan on ignoring them. When they walk closer I can smell their shitty cologne from ten feet away. One of them who looks like the popular one.

Him: Hey there beautiful. What are you doing here alone? Need some friends?

I ignore them as he's trying to talk to me. I look up to find Shawn at the bar but can't find him anywhere. Probably in the bathroom but I glance at the dumbass.

Him: Hard to get eh? I like that.

Me: I'm engaged so leave me alone.

His friends laugh as I show my ring. The guy looks at it and smirks.

Him: Well we can show you a good night before the wedding.

He runs his hand in my hair and I move away from him closer to the wall getting uncomfortable. He sits next to me moving close to me. Three of his friends sit across from me as well.

Him: Aye keep a look out.

Two of his friends turn their back to us while standing at the table as he places a hand on my thigh.

Me: Please don't or my fiancé will get mad.

Him: Nah we know how to take care of them.

I look as some of them put pocket knives on the table. I try to hold back tears.

Me: Those won't do anything against my fiancé. He's been in worse fights.

Him: Yeah? I don't believe that.

Me: Well he did get shot a few times and you don't want to mess with him.

I feel some tears fall. He wipes the tears away.

Him: Don't cry. We won't hurt you.

He moves his hand up close to my hips and leans in to kiss my neck. Next thing I know he gets pulled out of the booth. I look and see Shawn throwing him on the floor. His friends help him up and look at Shawn. Three of his friends attack Shawn but he knocked them down with ease. The main guy pulls his knife out ready to fight and I can't see his face I can tell he's smiling. Shawn looks at me and moves his head telling me to get somewhere safe so I do that going to the his usual spot in the vip section. I watch from the balcony as I see Shawn fighting them without effort. I tell one of the security guard to stop them. I look back and see the douchebags on the ground assuming knocked out so I walk down to check on Shawn seeing some stab wounds and lots of cuts.

Me: Oh my god are you ok?

Shawn: I've been through worse.

He chuckles as I softly hit his arm. The security guards drag them out of the club, we walk out seeing police cars around. A police officer walks over to us assuming to ask us what happened.

Officer: Can I ask you guys a few questions?

Shawn: Of course.

We get separated while Shawn is talking to another officer.

Officer: So what happened?

Me: Well him and I were having a few drinks and talking about my wedding plans. While Shawn was getting drinks those guys just walked over and harassed me. I tried to tell them to leave but he wouldn't listen. Next thing I knew Shawn my soon to be brother in law stepped in an fought them.

The officer is writing my statement down as I see Shawn getting looked at by some paramedics.

Officer: Alright thank you for your help. We'll let you know if we need more.

He leaves and I walk over to Shawn giving him a hug. He hugs back with a groan.

Me: Let me drive us home.

Shawn: You won't hear me complain.

We laugh a little as we get in his car. I drive us back to his place.

Shawn: Wanna stay the night?

Me: Sure.

I stay at his place for the night as we watch random shows enjoying the night. I cuddle into him and fall asleep soon after.