42: E + E

F O R T Y - T W O

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊

Callan's POV

"Oh this is just so beautiful, Callan," exclaimed Mama, putting her purse down on the coffee table as she entered the little cottage.

"I know!" I looked around fondly at one of my favourite places, "It's perfect."

Mama patted my cheek, "You're feeling okay? Ready?"

I had been on the verge of tears the past two days, so I had to blink the moisture out of my eyes before answering, "I'm so ready."

Mama gave me a hug, the two of us working extra hard on not crying as the door opened up again; Elijah walked in carrying bags in one hand, and Amelie in the other.

My dad walked in behind them and he shook his head at the two of us, smiling, "Do we need tissues already?"

Mom gave him a sly look, "I would bet all the money in the world that you'll cry more than me my dear."

My dad chuckled, "I think you're going to be a very rich woman."

Ami's brows furrowed, "Wait, why are we crying? I thought the wedding was supposed to be happy?"

The three of us laughed, and Elijah smiled at her words.

"Do you ever feel so happy you feel like crying, Amelie?" my dad asked her, in hopes of explaining.

She thought about it for a moment, "Sometimes," she shrugged, and then stifled a yawn, tucking her face into Elijah's neck.

"You sleepy, Ami?" Mama asked her.

She lifted her head, nodding slowly, "I was so excited, I couldn't sleep last night."

Elijah spoke to her quietly, "You want to nap upstairs?"

"Okay Uncle Jakey," she mumbled sleepily, and I grinned at the nickname.

Sebastien had convinced her to start saying it because he knew that Elijah would not have the heart to tell her to stop.

He carried her up the stairs, and I motioned for Prince to follow them so that he could nap and Amelie wouldn't wake up alone.

I too stifled a yawn; we had left pretty early this morning, wanting to get to the cottage before the rest of our wedding party arrived.

"Essie and Kai are almost here?" I asked my dad.

He checked his watch, "They should be here within the hour, but I think they are going straight to the bed and breakfast."

I nodded, knowing they'd want to get the babies settled.

We turned to see Elijah walking back downstairs.

"She's okay?" I asked him.

"Barely made it to the pillow before knocking out," he replied, and then looked at his own watch, "Everyone should start filtering in soon, but we have some time. Breakfast?"

Mama patted his arm, "That sounds like a great idea, some calm before the storm."

The four of us prepared some food with the stocked fridge and cabinets; Elijah also had managed to order some treats from the bakery in town, and they arrived just as we finished cooking.

We took a seat outside; it was slightly chilly this morning, but the sun was out and the view was beautiful, so it was perfect.

"Everything's ready for tomorrow?" my dad asked, taking a sip of his coffee, and sitting back in the comfy yard chair.