147: Jaemin

"Any news about Chai Anxi?"

Ying Xiang shook her head, "I heard that Princess Mengji is currently sending people to search for Chai Anxi's whereabouts."

Chu Jaemin smiled indifferently, "Xiao Jeongguk coming to Jiyang is also nothing more than searching for someone." After a pause, he asked the woman beside him, "Who is Liu Buwang?"

"I haven't heard of this person's name before. Officially, he is Commander Xiao's martial arts master."

"Where did Xiao Jeongguk get a martial arts master?"

Ying Xiang nodded, "But they seem to have a great deal of trust and respect for this Mr. Liu."

Chu Jaemin set down his teacup, "All of this is not important. What matters most is finding Chai Anxi before Xiao Jeongguk."

"This servant understands," Ying Xiang hesitated for a moment and then asked, "But how does the young master plan to deal with Miss He?" Although she had already learned from Chu Jaemin that He Lisa was a girl and had mentally prepared herself, it wasn't until she saw He Lisa's girl appearance through the window that it truly felt real. It was difficult to connect the petite and delicate girl before her with the memory of the valiant and resolute young man.

"Don't you find it strange that Xiao Jeongguk is accompanied by a woman?" Chu Jaemin smiled faintly. "I'm very curious about how much he trusts this woman."

Ying Xiang lowered her eyes and didn't say anything, leaving only the rising steam from the tea in her teacup, which quickly disappeared into the air, leaving no trace.

***

On the other side of the room, everyone was seated.

"This is the Wutuo people's military defense map," He Lisa handed the scroll to Liu Buwang.

"The Fourth Young Master of the Shi Jinbo Mansion brought this news: the Wutuo people are planning to attack Jiyang soon, but we don't know if it's true or not. Master, please take a look at this military map. Do you see any issues?"

Liu Buwang looked at it for a moment and then put the scroll down, "I don't know if this map is genuine, but if the Wutuo people really plan to attack Jiyang, they will most likely start from the canal."

After all, the most crucial part of Jiyang City was the canal. Blocking the canal would cut off the lifeline of the entire city.

"Before, Mr. Liu mentioned tracking the Wutuo people to Jiyang," Xiao Jungkook looked at Liu Buwang and asked, "Can you explain the reason for that?"

Liu Buwang thought for a moment before saying, "Around the time of the Water God Festival each year, I visit Jiyang. This year, before I reached Jiyang, I came across a massacre outside the city. Someone had killed all the villagers in an outlying village at night, and they had put on the clothes of the villagers to infiltrate the city. A child who managed to escape told me about it. I thought it might be a vendetta or a robbery, but as I investigated, I found that some of the culprits were not from Great Wei. These Wutuo people had infiltrated the city disguised as civilians, and this wasn't a recent development. I only uncovered a small part of it, and I'm afraid that many of the villagers outside the city had already suffered before this. Inside Jiyang, there are probably many more disguised Wutuo people."

"So, Master, are you saying that many Wutuo people have already entered the city?" He Lisa asked.

"Yes, they've been planning for a long time. They were waiting for chaos during the Water God Festival, and they intended to abduct the Little Highness. But your actions disrupted their plans, so they should be making a second attempt soon."