109-110

109: The Dungeon

"The person wasn't killed by me," He Lisa stood up and addressed them.

The new recruit who had first discovered He Lisa pointed at her in fear and shouted, "If it wasn't you, then who?"

"I went to the training ground to practice archery at night, and I saw someone riding a horse towards White Moon Mountain. The situation was critical, so I followed them up the mountain. I had a confrontation with that person, and he escaped, leaving this brother behind. When I rescued him, he was already dead."

"You have a curved blade, where did it come from?" Shen Han asked sternly.

"It belonged to the other person; he threw it to me before he fled."

"Is he insane? Handing over his weapon like that? Can't you think before you lie?" Du Mao didn't believe her.

"No, I think he's quite clever," He Lisa calmly replied. "Now, with this blade in my possession, I'm the one who's being suspected."

With the weapon in her hands, it was as if she had a target on her back, and she was being accused of being the killer.

Shen Han stared at He Lisa. "When you went up the mountain, did you bring any weapons?"

"I brought an iron rod," He Lisa said. "I dropped it on the road when I was rolling down the mountain with this brother just now. The head instructor can order someone to look for it; maybe they'll find it."

Shen Han instructed Liang Ping, "Take some men and search, be careful, and signal if you find anything."

Liang Ping nodded in agreement.

He Lisa felt somewhat tired and sat down on a rock. Her wounds were not yet fully healed, and after the events of the day, her old injury around her waist throbbed faintly. She really needed a moment to rest.

After a while, Liang Ping returned with the new recruits and reported to Shen Han, "Commander, we couldn't find the iron rod."

"I believe he's lying," Du Mao frowned, "He only had this curved blade with him when he came up the mountain."

He Lisa inwardly sighed. Since the man had come after her, he wouldn't leave any evidence behind. She assumed he had taken the iron rod while she was saving the new recruit earlier.

However, she had kept an ace up her sleeve.

"I suspect this person is Hu Yuanzhong," He Lisa said. "During our confrontation, I struck his right shoulder with the iron rod. We just need to return to the camp, check if he went out at night, and inspect his right shoulder for a wound."

"Are you trying to evade responsibility?" one of the new recruits looked at her skeptically.

He Lisa shrugged. "Right now, I'm unarmed, and there are so many of you. Are you afraid that I, alone, will cause trouble? Being wronged is a minor matter, but letting the real murderer infiltrate the Liangzhou Garrison and possibly kill the next person might be a bigger issue."

She spoke calmly, but her words were filled with a chilling undertone, causing the recruit who was questioning her to flinch and stop speaking.

Ma Damei looked at Shen Han and said, "Head Instructor, this..." To be fair, he rather liked He Lisa. A young person of her age with such remarkable abilities in various aspects was quite rare. Her cheerful and unpretentious nature made her even more likable. But when it came to matters of life and death, they couldn't afford to be careless.

"Bring him back first to see if what he said is true," Shen Han turned and said, "Follow my orders, let's descend the mountain immediately."

He Lisa secretly breathed a sigh of relief, thankful that Shen Han was a reasonable man and hadn't struck her down with a rod.