135: The Lover's Bridge

When He Lisa returned, Xiao Jungkook hadn't come back yet. She said to Cui Jiao and Hong Qiao, "Today, I was quite willful, and I'm afraid my husband will blame me for running around without bringing attendants, so let's keep today's outing a secret from my husband."

Cui Jiao and Hong Qiao nodded.

"You can go now," she said as she laid down on the couch, "I need to rest for a while."

The two maids left the room, and He Lisa laid on the couch, deep in thought. It seemed that Liu Buwang was in the city of Jiyang, but how could she find him? If she had known, when they parted, they should have agreed on a specific location. It was a bit reckless to search for someone in a tea shop without even knowing his real name.

Even if she found Liu Buwang, what should she say? He Lisa had changed so much since her past life. Reincarnation seemed so absurd that she could hardly believe it herself.

However, she still really wanted to see Liu Buwang. After all, in her previous life, Liu Buwang was one of the few people who had given her genuine warmth. He was both a mentor and a friend, and the reason Flying Phoenix General became Flying Phoenix General was also because Liu Buwang passed on his skills.

Thinking of Flying Phoenix General inevitably led her to He Rufei. She wondered how He Rufei was doing now, and if her former subordinates had noticed anything amiss. Xu Hanbin... he should have already married He Xinying, becoming the legitimate Miss of the He family, a true lady.

In He Lisa's heart, a sense of unease inexplicably arose. She rolled over to the wall, hugging her blanket, and faced the wall in a sullen mood.

A voice came from behind her, "Are you sulking against the wall here?"

He Lisa turned around, "Young Master?"

She sat up in a hurry, "You're back!"

Xiao Jungkook glanced at her, took off his coat, and said, "Are you bored until you turned crazy?"

"It's really boring here." She sat on the bed, looked up at Xiao Jungkook, and asked, "So, did you find out the whereabouts of Chai Anxi today?"

"No."

"Why couldn't you find him?" He Lisa asked, puzzled. "Was the intelligence wrong?"

"He's dead."

He Lisa was stunned.

"He was burned to death, not even a trace of his remains left."

He Lisa frowned, "That doesn't make sense. Why did he die at this moment, and to be burned to death with no traces left behind? Is it a lie?"

Xiao Jungkook's lips curved slightly, "The liar is quite experienced."

"I'm just being observant." He Lisa crossed her legs and analyzed, "Could this person have received some inside information in advance? But, Young Master, you've always been discreet in your actions. No one should know that we came to Jiyang. Besides, Jiyang is not easy to enter. If he truly wanted to hide from someone, Jiyang would be the best choice, and he should be reluctant to leave."

Xiao Jungkook picked up a cup of tea from the table and took a sip, lazily saying, "Go on."

"Then he must be in hiding, waiting for an opportunity to do something big," He Lisa continued. "The best time to fish in troubled waters is when the waters are the most turbulent. When is Jiyang at its most chaotic? It's during the Water God Festival. Everyone's been talking about it these past few days; it's the biggest festival in Jiyang. With such a lively atmosphere, it's the perfect time for causing chaos."