23-24

Investigating someone in the capital is not a simple task.

"This is outrageous!" Tang Ying slammed the teacup heavily on the table. "He had a private affair with that woman when we were discussing marriage. He doesn't take me seriously at all! I already warned my brother and father about him being untrustworthy, and now it's all come true. I feel so embarrassed!"

"Madam, please calm down," the maid said, "Young Master still hasn't dared to bring that woman home, so he must have reservations. Perhaps that woman has charmed him, which led to his mistakes. Now, you and the Young Master have just gotten married, so don't cause any ripples because of these things, or others will accuse you of being jealous."

"What should I do then?" Tang Ying asked angrily.

"Why not start with that woman? She's just the daughter of a city miliary official. She's not beyond Madam's control..."

"You're right," Tang Ying calmed down after a while. "She's just a lowly woman who dares to dream of marrying into the Fan family and taking the position of the legal wife. I will personally meet her!"

He lisa was unaware of the troubles happening at the Fan residence. She was thinking about how to go to the conscription office and fill out the documents to join the army, hoping to follow the troops to Liangzhou.

Neither He Yuta, nor He Sui, would understand, so she pondered on how to find a good excuse to explain her actions. If she told them she wanted to achieve great things, they would surely think she was crazy. If she mentioned revenge... no, that wouldn't work either.

While she was thinking, Qingmei brought in some pastries. Seeing He lisa tossing and turning on the bed, Qingmei was surprised, "Miss, have you eaten something bad? Shall I find someone to take a look?"

"I'm fine." He lisa waved her hand. "I'm just feeling restless."

Surprisingly, after He Yuta left, she found herself missing his constant chatter. Even if she practiced martial arts alone in the residence, she couldn't find any interest. People were indeed strange. Although she lived as a lonely individual in the Xu family for a whole year, feeling lonely most of the time, she got used to having He Yuta's endless murmuring around after just over a month in the He family.

He lisa turned over and said, "I'm going out for a while."

"Where is the miss going? I'll accompany you." Qingmei quickly offered.

"No need, I'm going to fetch Yuta's clothes." He lisa replied. Twenty days have passed, and He Yuta's spring and summer clothes should be ready by now. Since He Yuta was coming back late after school, she would go and help collect them.

Before leaving, she glanced at the conscription notice on the table. After some thought, she put it in her pocket. She didn't even understand why she was doing this.

A long, long time later, when He lisa recalled this day, she felt that fate was mysterious. From the moment she took that notice, the hand of destiny turned the clouds and rain, sweeping her back into the plot once again. In the vastness of the universe, it was all destined.

By the afternoon, the weather was fine. Following her memory, He lisa found the tailor shop. The old tailor there smiled when he saw her, "The young lady finally came. The clothes are ready. The young master isn't here, is he?"

The spring clothes and summer attire were both beautiful blue clothes, simple and elegant in style, made of breathable and lightweight fabric. He lisa thought He Yuta would surely like them. She neatly folded the clothes and put them in a bundle before stepping out of the tailor shop. A strange maid came up to her.