113: The Physician

"Xiao Jeongguk?" Ridamuzi looked at the figure before him, his gaze uncertain.

"Fei Nu."

Fei Nu appeared behind him, and Xiao Jungkook handed He Lisa over to him. "Take them down."

Fei Nu supported He Lisa, and Song Rose followed behind. They reached the area beneath the arena. Surrounded by people, Fei Nu asked He Lisa, "Can you still hold on?"

He Lisa nodded.

"Sit down for now," Fei Nu helped her sit against a tree trunk. "The doctor will be here soon."

Doctor? He Lisa was puzzled. Liangzhou Garrison only had one female physician, Shen Muxue, who was currently being watched closely by the Qiang soldiers – beautiful women in the military camp had always attracted attention.

She looked up at the stage.

The stage for the martial arts competition.

"Aren't you here to spar with me?" Xiao Jungkook casually drew his sword. His dark eyes glanced at the person in front of him, and he smiled faintly. "Come on."

"Are you Xiao Jeongguk?" Ridamuzi asked.

Xiao Jungkook chuckled, "The real deal."

It was common knowledge that Great Wei had two renowned generals, General Fengyun, Xiao Jeongguk, and Flying Phoenix General, He Rufei. However, just as He Lisa had never fought against the Southern Barbarians, Xiao Jungkook had never been in battle with the Western Qiang. They had heard of each other's reputations, but this was the first time they had come face to face.

He had never seen Xiao Jungkook's true appearance, and the last information he had received was that Xiao Jungkook had gone to Zhangtai. Considering the time it would take to travel from Zhangtai to Liangzhou, there was no way he could have returned here.

But the sword in his hand... it didn't look like an ordinary sword.

Seeing him hesitate, Xiao Jungkook raised an eyebrow, "Are you scared?"

Ridamuzi sneered, "Just putting on a show!" He lunged with his knife.

However, the young man in black remained still, the sword in his hand emanating a bone-chilling coldness, its sharpness unstoppable. His movements were like falling petals, delicate and swift, breaking through the curved knife, making the onlookers dizzy with the rapid and overwhelming attacks. Ridamuzi had already lost his morale in his previous confrontation with He Lisa and was now struggling to keep up, retreating step by step. Drinking Autumn thrust directly into his chest.

"Leader!" This cry came from one of his subordinates.

Ridamuzi tilted backward, avoiding being stabbed in the chest by Xiao Jungkook. However, Xiao Jungkook managed to pierce through his armor, lifting it with the tip of his sword. In an instant, Ridamuzi's chest was exposed, with no armor to protect him.

"Western Qiang warriors?" Xiao Jungkook's lips curled slightly in mockery. "That's all?"

Ridamuzi was furious, but he had realized in their previous exchange that he was no match for Xiao Jungkook. The Liangzhou Garrison was filled with hidden talents, and He Lisa had proven it earlier. A new recruit with such abilities—there might be others like him. The sparring on the martial arts stage was no longer necessary. He had already lost valuable generals, his morale had plummeted, and his image as a capable leader had been tarnished. It was time to focus on more pressing matters.

He turned his head to look at the audience below the martial stage, but there was still no movement.

The young man elegantly wiped his sword and looked at Ridamuzi with a hint of a smile. "What are you waiting for? Are you waiting for a victory report from the ambush at the Five Deer River?"