Chapter Six

Camp Half-Blood Vs. The Hunters

🍎

Throughout dinner, Percy felt glum and miserable. Snow kept glancing every two seconds as she ate and her siblings were being their rowdy selves. Unlike her, though, Percy sat alone at the Poseidon table. Thalia was the same way at Zeus’s though she didn’t seem as bothered as Percy. Nico was sitting at the Hermes table like every new camper sits when they’re unclaimed. Hermes is the god of travels, so that means his cabin accepts every unclaimed camper. No matter how big and overcrowded the place is getting. 

Which is why the Hermes cabin and table is the biggest out of everyone’s. Who is also sitting at the Hermes table, was someone Snow didn’t recognize. Instead of sitting at the edge like Nico, she was sitting in between the Stolls who were no doubt flirting. This made Snow think that she’s the girl that they were trying to talk to. 

Snow had to agree that she was pretty. She had this golden blonde hair that fell to her back, with the ends having these beautiful curls. Like Annabeth’s, but more refined and something you would see in a beauty commercial. But better in a sense. Her eyes seemed to be a shade of blue, but appeared purple through the fire’s light. Her face was angular and defined, making her look a lot more mature despite probably being Snow’s age. Aside from those features, the one thing that stuck to Snow was that her lips were red. Very red. Snow’s lips were also red, but the girl somehow put hers to shame. It could be lipstick, but Snow didn’t want to speculate. 

Even though she was being flirted on by the Stolls, the girl had a smile on her face, looking more amused than anything. 

While everyone was chatting and having a good time, the ones that stood out were the Hunters at the Artemis table. They drank and ate and laughed like one big happy family. Zoe sat at the head table like usual, and it was one of the rare times where you could see a smile appear on her face. However, little. Sitting in the midst of the other Hunters was Bianca, who also seemed to be enjoying herself. She was trying to learn how to arm wrestle with the girl who picked a fight with Snow’s sibling. The bigger girl was beating her every time, but Bianca didn’t seem to mind. 

When everyone finished eating, Chiron made the customary toast to the gods and formally welcomed the Hunters of Artemis. The clapping was pretty half hearted. Then he announced the "good will" capture-the-flag game for tomorrow night, which got a lot better reception. 

Afterward, they all trailed back to our cabins for an early, winter lights out. 

The next morning, Percy told her and Grover about a dream he had. The three sat in a meadow watching the satyrs chase the wood nymphs through the snow. Snow’s reaction to the dream–or rather nightmare–was immense worry over Annabeth and whatever Luke was planning this time. Plus the whole thing with heavy rocks and Luke and Annabeth holding it with difficulty. The scenario seemed familiar. 

“A cave ceiling collapsed on her?” Grover asked. 

“Yeah. What the heck does that mean?” 

“That sounds familiar,” Snow said. “Did you see exactly what it was?” 

Percy shook his head. “I just know that some heavy ceiling collapsed. And Annabeth was trying to hold it.”

“Hold it. With her bare hands?” 

“Yeah.” 

Snow hummed, gazing at the snow covered ground in deep thought. She went through her memory of greek history to find how that story connects with the ones she’s heard. Meanwhile, Grover started twirling his shaggy leg fur with his finger.