Chapter Two

Taxi Cab Ride of Damnation (Damnation alright-to Snow's health and life)

🍎

Once Snow was outside the school, she felt a harsh tug of her arm. She let the invisible Annabeth drag her towards Church Street where they found an alley to hide from the police, ambulance and spectators. Annabeth removed her yankees cap and held it tightly. Her face was scrunched in visible anger, Snow worried she was going to damage her cap with how hard she was squeezing it. 

“Annabeth, are you-” Snow began. 

“No, I’m not okay!” she snapped. “Did you see that thing that was with Percy?”

“Tyson? Yeah, I saw. He was quite large for his age. And considering he survived a blow like that, I assume he’s a monster in disguise,” said Snow.

“Oh, he’s a monster alright,” said Annabeth, bitterness pouring from her words. “He’s a cyclops.”

Snow blinked in surprise. A cyclops? That small? Snow hasn’t encountered any cyclops in her short life as a demi-god, but she knew for a fact that they were much larger and uglier than Tyson. 

“He’s a baby,” Annabeth said after acknowledging her surprised expression. “But that doesn’t excuse the fact that seaweed brian was being friendly with such a disgusting monster,” she scrunched her nose in disgust. “I noticed it immediately when they met and I almost wanted to-”

“Snow. Annabeth,” The two gazed upwards and watched as Percy slightly jogged towards them with Tyson close behind. Once she saw the young cyclops, Annabeth’s face went further in disgust and disdain. 

Snow squinted her eyes, trying to break through the mist’s hold. The mist is an ever-looming presence that masks mortals of all the monsters and attacks that were to happen within their daily lives. They most likely can’t comprehend that Greek gods and monsters exist, so the mist makes it so it rationalizes and normalizes all that is going on around them. 

Even though it’s meant for mortals, demi-gods can fall into its power unknowingly at times. 

Focusing her gaze on Tyson, she can start to see her vision flicker. Between his disguised form and his true form. His true form, from the constant flickers she was having, he was way taller than what the mist form was making him be. About 30 feet at most. Instead of two eyes, it was one and when he smiled, his teeth were disfigured and yellow. He had ,essy brown hair that looked as though it hadn’t been combed, the same state as his teeth, but less worse. 

“Where’d you find him?” demanded Annabeth, pointing at Tyson. 

Percy frowned at her tone. After what Tyson did, risking his life for him and her, instead of looking at him with gratitude, it was disgust. 

“He’s my friend,” he told her. 

“Is he homeless?”

“Annabeth!” Snow gasped. How could she say that so casually?

Percy was just as upset. “What does that have to do with anything? He can hear you, you know? Why don’t you ask him.”

Annabeth looked surprised. “He can talk?”

Snow winced, at this point, she was bad for Tyson, having to endure the blonde’s lack of tackness. She gazed at the young cyclops and saw he was looking at both her and Annabeth in curiosity and awe. When they met eyes-or eye/eyes-his face carved into a kind smile.

“I talk,” he answered, turning to Annabeth briefly before looking at Snow. “You are really pretty.”

Snow smiled. “Aw, thank you-”