Chapter Five

Snow's Offered A Quest (That's At First)

🍎

After having a very long scolding from Will about leaving her injuries unattended, Snow had to watch the social life of Percy Jackson go considerably downhill. What happened at the end of capture the flag proved how quick kids could turn your back in a snap. She watched as everybody threw him cautious glances, parting away whenever he walked by, and talked about the hellhound and his claiming behind his back.

Percy was transferred from cabin eleven to cabin three. The Poseidon cabin. Nobody lived in that cabin, so Percy had free space to himself. Normally this would have been a perk for some people, but not Percy. The deafening silence at night was too unbearable to ignore, and he'd never felt so alone. 

She watched him get one-on-one lessons from Luke. The other Hermes residents were too nervous to spar with him, so Luke took up the responsibility. But he pushed him far harder than any of them were expecting. Annabeth was even acting strange around him. Snow would find her stomping away, muttering stuff like: "Quest… Poseidon? Dirty rotten… Got to make a plan." 

Snow was even surprised that Clarisse stood clear from him, but she wasn't surprised of the murderous glares she would sent him when they lock eyes. Her hand clutched on her electric spear, itching for it to be used on him. 

One day Snow found Percy sulking near his cabin. Sitting down by the door and looking miserable. Feeling pity, she calmly walked up to him. Snow was just as nervous as everyone else about the revelation of his parentage, but seeing how many people were either eliminating him or glaring at him as if he caused every world's problems overcame any nervousness she was feeling. 

Percy didn't acknowledge her presence until she was standing in front of him, and her shadow casted over him. When he saw there, he gave her a skeptical look.

"What do you want?"

"Just wondering if you'd like some company." Snow replied.

"You sure that's a good idea? Aren't you scared or angry at me?"

Snow gazed down at the ground, "I wouldn't lie and say I'm not nervous, but it's mostly because of who your father is, not necessarily you."

Percy sighed, patting the ground next to him as acceptance for her to accompany him.

"I know, Grover told me all about the pact made by my father and his brothers," Said Percy. "It's because of that that I'm alone in this cabin, without any siblings." 

"You miss the Hermes cabin?"

Percy nodded, "A bit. I was getting used to the noise. Even the constant attempts of Hermes kids trying to steal my stuff." 

Snow chuckled, remembering when she had that same problem. She'd been there longer than Percy, so she knew the feeling of always keeping your possessions close to you at all times. She even did it with her half-siblings. They like to be nosey.

"I can't exactly say that things would get better, cause I'm not sure about that," Snow said. "But if you need someone to talk to, I'm here." 

Percy stared at her gentle smile, a smile that filled him with comfort. Smiling back, he nodded and the two delved into other topics.

Snow was the first person Percy went to when he found some campers reading a newspaper that was about him and his mother. The newspaper reported him and his mom missing. He didn't go too deep into the news though, especially a particular comment made about him. A few days later, Snow found herself summoned to the Big House by Grover. He didn't say anything other than Chiron needing her.