Chapter Seven

Snow Visits A Garden Gnome Emporium (And Almost Gets Turned Into One)

🍎

Snow was trying really, really hard to keep that smile and upbeat tone on her face and mouth. But when you're trudging through the forest, dark, cold, wet. Your belongings and supplies destroyed, and not to mention extremely hungry… It gets hard sometimes. 

Also did she mention that she was in a forest? A cold, dark, silent forest? Which meant that every sound nearby could be anything. The scenery brought unwanted memories that Snow did not need resurfacing.

She silently cursed her dad and Zeus in both French and Greek. She and Grover were behind Annabeth and Percy. Speaking of the blonde, she was not happy with Percy's decision back at the Attack of the Demon Grandmas, and she was making that very clear with the way she was glaring at him with pure loathe.

"Three Kindly Ones. All three at once." Grover shuddered at the memory. His eyes turned into silts. 

"Come on! The farther away we get, the better." Annabeth urged.

"All our money was back there," Percy reminded her. "Our food and clothes. Everything."

Annabeth glared. "And who's fault is that?"

"Oh, you can't be blaming me."

"Who's idea was to stupidly show themselves?" She asked rhetorically.

"I couldn't let you all be killed!"

"We were fine! You don't need to protect any of us!"

"Sliced like sandwich bread," Grover put in. "But fine."

"Shut up, goat boy." 

As Grover was mourning his tin cans, Percy wheeled towards Snow, the one person who would always show support and be by his side.

"Snow, you understand right? You guys were in danger, I needed to step in and-"

He choked on his words when he saw the darkness loom over her face, despite having a smile. She looked like a serial killer in the horror movies just before they kill you.

"What?" Her tone was fakely sweet and sharp. 

The three stared at her in shock. When she saw Snow growing impatient, she nudged Percy in the ribs. 

"Uh, ne-nevermind." He stuttered. They silently watched her walk ahead, hands clenching her Calisthenics tightly. "Is she okay?" Percy whispered.

"I don't think so." Grover answered.

"Any reason why?"

The two shook their heads. The rest of the ride was taken by silence. At some point, Percy fell into the same pace as Snow. The two didn't talk for a while, but Snow could feel his eyes on her every once in a while.

"I understand." 

Percy jumped, not expecting her to talk.

"Huh?"

"I said I understand," Snow repeated. "About you coming to save us. I understand, and I say thanks for that."

Percy stared at her for a moment, before slowly nodding. A wave of relief came when she didn't snap or reprimand him like Annabeth did. He knew she'll have his back.

"But it was stupid." 

The expression on his face almost caused Snow to laugh. 

"W-What?"