Chapter One

A Less Than Normal Monday

🍎

A girl was perched on top of the tree, overlooking the many campers going through their daily activities. Most of them involved the usual standard camp stuff like archery and wall climbing (ignore the lava, it's not important). But the less than normal ones were sword fighting and capture the flag, where you are allowed actual weapons like swords, spears, that sort of good stuff. 

The girl would have joined in those activities if not for someone requesting her attention. Her brown gaze was focused on the blood red cabin that was filled with barbed wires covering the roof and has a boar head on the door (how homey). The girl counted in her head before a loud boom sounds within the cabin. The residence barged out, covered head to toe in feathers and colored dust. A particular burly girl in a bandana was front and center, waving her spear in the air like a maniac. 

"STOLLS!" She bellowed angrily. "YOU'RE DEAD!"

The girl snickered quietly to herself, making sure she was quiet as well as hidden. As the campers scattered to find the ones responsible, she heard two laughter down below. Turning around, she saw two, identical-looking lanky boys grinning mischievously. A sure sign they were the ones responsible.

"Good job boys." The girl said her voice was soft and high pitched which fit her perfectly.

They grinned up at the girl, bowing proudly. "Thanks Snow!" They said,

The girl, Snow, climbed down from the tree, landing beside the brothers. Her ebony black hair that was tied in a high ponytail bouncing when she landed. Her brown eyes twinkled with amusement and her red lips stretching to a wide grin.

"Just tell us when they're giving you trouble." Conner Stoll said.

His older brother, Travis, nodded. "We have more material we've been dying to try out." 

Snow nodded enthusiastically, bidding them goodbye. She wanted to be far away from them in case one of the people in the Ares cabin saw her with the Stolls. Humming to herself, she skipped innocently to her cabin, staring curiously at her frantic half-siblings.

"Oh my! What happened?" Snow gasped.

"One of your idiot friends pranked us!" One of them answered without looking at her. When he did, he pointed his sword at her throat, eyes raging dangerously. "You! I bet you're a part of this!"

At his words, the rest of the Ares cabin all pointed their weapons at the girl. Snow, however, remained calm, that smile still on her face.

"Now you can't accuse someone without proof, Mark." Snow said.

"They're your friends. That's all the proof I need." 

Another sibling walked up. "Where were you, anyway?"

"On that tree." Snow pointed to the tree she was sitting on before. 

They shared uncertain glances for a while before Mark shoved Snow harshly to the ground. Then he used the bottom part of his spear to hit her stomach, making her release a massive gasp. The others stepped over her (though some stepped on her stomach 'accidentally', making the pain worse).