40| Finding Tanya

As Illahi  and Jordan  walked inside the hotel, the receptionist inquired about Tanya .

Illahi was confused when the receptionist mentioned a piece of news that she wanted to give to Tanya .

"News! What news! You can let us know," Jordan  interrupted.

"Well.. let me tell you about the lady whom your friend helped in the morning. Thanks to her, the lady reached the hospital on time and delivered a healthy baby girl," the receptionist smiled and informed them.

"Really!! That is great news," Jessica exclaimed after listening to the receptionist.

"Yes Ma'am, she even called up. She wanted to speak to your friend, but all of you were not available the entire day so we didn't get a chance to connect the lady with your friend," the receptionist explained.

"Oh! It doesn't matter, the only thing that is important for us is that they are healthy," Jessica remarked.

All of them were talking when the horn of the bus was heard from behind.

"It seems that they all have come, I will give this good news to Tanya , she will be very happy to hear this," Illahi exclaimed.

Illahi ran towards the bus and stood near the gate. The door of the bus opened and one by one, everyone started getting off the bus.

After getting down, jordan's mom asked Illahi , "You guys didn't have any problem on the way, right? I hope Jordan didn't bother you. Did he drive too fast, was the ride comfortable for you?".
"Yes Mrs. Sandhu , All was well. He did not dare to drive fast or annoy me. He knew who he'd be messing with," Illahi answered with a chuckle.

One by one, everyone got down. Jahaan got off the bus at the last. When he looked around, he saw both Jordan and Illahi , but the one he was looking for, Tanya , was nowhere to be found.

"Maybe she would have fallen asleep or must be resting in the room," jahaan  thought and closed the bus door.

As soon as the bus started departing after everyone got off, Illahi  called out, "Hey! You all have come, but where is Tanya ?"

Jahaan almost froze on hearing this from Illahi . His senses were blown away and he turned back in surprise.
"Where is Tanya ? Hasn't she come?" Jahaan  asked.

"What the hell? Didn't she come with you guys? Where is she? Why did you come alone?" Illahi  inquired in a worried voice.

"Alone? She came along with you guys renting a bike, didn't she?" Mrs. Mehta  questioned.

Stanley also stood in surprise. "Urm... no Mrs. Mehta ! Only Illahi  and I had come on the bike. Tanya  was about to come in the bus only," he informed her.

Illahi immediately dialed Tanya 's number. "She is not answering," Illahi  announced. Mrs. Mehta  also dialed her number. "She is not picking up," Mrs. Mehta  said.

Jahaan also started calling her, but the same thing happened; she was not picking up the phone. "She could have answered my call at least. Why is this girl not picking up the phone?"
Jahaan thought.

Suddenly Illahi  remembered, and spoke,
"Oh damn! In the morning, she had told me that she had left her phone in the hotel. Tanya  doesn't even have a phone."

"Who told you that she has come with us?", Illahi  asked.

Everyone looked at Reeva  and Anika . " Reeva said that she went on the bike with both of you," Mrs. Mehta  answered, looking at the girls suspiciously.

Reeva was now completely trapped. " Why are you both lying? I myself have seen Tanya  coming with you both on the bike," Reeva  replied trying to save herself.