8|The First Fight

Jahaan's strong legs were not affected by Tanya 's kick but after listening to what was written in that letter, he realized that because of him, Tanya  had to be humiliated in front of everyone. He was still standing there thinking about it when the professor entered the class and instructed all the students to take their seats. Everyone in the class was talking about the incident. Jahaan  also could not study anything in the whole class and kept thinking about Tanya .

"I really didn't know that letter was for me. I never got  a chance to read it. When I saw the letter in my novel with her name, I thought that when our novels were exchanged, her letter must have been left in my book. Little did I know that she had put that letter there, that too for me", Jahaan  thought to himself. He was really feeling bad and was just looking at the door the whole time.

As soon as the class got over, he came out and started looking here and there, searching for Tanya . After looking out for a while, he suddenly stopped. 

"Why the hell am I looking out for that girl? Whatever happened it was  unintentional and that's why I shouldn't care about it", he mumbled to himself and went to the library.

Illahi  was looking for Tanya  after finishing her society work, but she could not find her anywhere. Tanya  was not even answering Illahi's calls. At first she thought that maybe Tanya  must have gone back to the hostel for some reason but she could not find her there either.

It was almost evening and Illahi  was now worried because she had been searching for Tanya  since morning and till now, there was no trace of her anywhere. Illahi  got upset and called Jordan .

"Hello! Where are you Jordan ? And is Tanya  with you?" She suddenly asked, as soon as Jordan  picked up her call

"I am at home, Illahi  and no, Tanya  is not with me. I did not come to college today. Why? What happened?" Jordan  queried worriedly. 

"I don't know where Tanya  has gone. Neither is she picking up my calls nor can I find her anywhere. It's been evening and I haven't seen her after morning. I am starting to get anxious for her", Illahi  expressed.

Jordan understood that the matter was serious, so he left for college straight away. After coming to college, he rushed towards Illahi . 

"Did you ask anyone about Tanya ? Someone must have definitely seen her", Jordan  suggested, taking out the phone from his pocket. 

"I am gonna ask Jahaan . You should go and check at the cafeteria again. It will be closing soon", He said and called Jahaan  who was in the library. When Jahaan  noticed Jordan  calling him, he came out to answer the phone.

"Hello, Jahaan ! where are you at?" Jordan  asked hastily.

"I am in the library", Jahaan  replied with confusion in his voice. 

Sensing the trouble in Jordan's voice, Jahaan  got worried.

"Why? What happened? Did you need something?" He asked Jordan .

"Yes! I wanted to ask you something.  Have you seen Tanya ? She has been nowhere to be seen since morning and is not even picking up our calls", Jordan  explained and on hearing him, the entire blood drained away from Jahaan's face. 

"Nowhere to be seen? What do you mean by that?" He exclaimed. He was worried because he knew why Tanya  had run away.

"It's been 7 hours since the time she has been missing and it's 5 o'clock in the evening. She hasn't come back yet? But where did she go?" Jahaan  thought to himself while quickly gathering his books and putting them in his bag. He rushed towards the garden, towards Jordan .