31 | Some Close Moments

The moment the elevator got to the fourth floor and the doors opened, tanya ran outside.

"Don't run, hey, you are gonna fall" jahaan yelled and ran after her. But before he could reach up to her, tanya toppled down and fell hard on the floor.

He ran up to her and spoke, "See, I told you that you are going to fall. Did you hurt yourself?". He was a little angry. On seeing him this way, she started crying like a little child.

"Why are you crying? People on this floor must be asleep. You don't want to wake them up, right?" Jahaan whispered while placing his palm on her mouth. She held his hand with both her hands, moved it a little down, and bit on it hard.

"Why are you biting me? Jahaan screamed and moved his hand away in pain.

Are you sure you are a human?" he added .

He looked at her knee which had turned red by then because she fell hard on the ground. However, she was too drunk to feel any kind of physical pain. Jahaan lifted her in his arm and walked up to her room.

On reaching there, he realized that the room could be locked. "Do you have the keys to your room? he asked.

"Yup!" she replied with her eyes closed.

"Yes, keys are with me. I am Illahi " she said and roared with laughter.

Jahaan realized that the keys were with Illahi .
"Now, how would I bring the keys? Illahi herself is out of her senses," Jahan thought to himself.

Tanya started to open her eyes slowly and she saw Jahaan 's right shoulder.

This reminded her of the instance when Reeva had kissed him on his shoulder. This made her angry and she bit hard on jahaan 's shoulder.

"Tanyyyaaa !!!" Jahaan screamed in pain,
"Stop biting me!".

Jahaan went to his room hurriedly, unlocked it, and stepped inside. Then, he shut the door and the moment he turned the lights on, rose petals started to shower on them. Jaahan was shocked to see this as he noticed the entire room decorated with red roses.

Even the bed had a huge heart made of rose petals inside in which the rose petals were placed in a way that they read 'LOVE'.

On seeing the flowers shower on them, tanya started giggling happily. She got down from Jahaan 's arms and started playing with the roses.

Jahaan who was way too confused amidst all this went outside again to check if he had entered the right room.

"This is our room, right?" he thought to himself.

"Yeah, it is indeed ours but what are these flowers and decorations?". He went back to the room and helped tanya lay flat on the bed.
She started playing with the roses kept on the bed.

Jahaan made a call to the room service and asked about the decoration.

"We are extremely sorry sir. I think we have made a huge mistake. Actually, today we were told to decorate the suite of a newly married couple but by mistake, our staff got confused with the room numbers and ended up decorating your room.
Sir, should I just ask my staff to get all that removed and clean your room?" the receptionist asked in an apologizing tone.
Jahaan turned around, looked at tanya , and took a deep breath.

"It's okay. Get the room cleaned by tomorrow morning, please. As of now, please go and decorate the room which needs to be decorated or else the evening will be ruined for the couple" jaahan replied. Saying this, he disconnected the call.
The moment jahaan turned around, tanya leaped onto him and hugged him tightly.

" tanya for how long are you going to keep jumping from place to place. You should get some sleep" jahaan asserted while carrying her to the bed.

"Try to sleep tanya , you will feel better," he said while moving her away from himself.

She moved a little away then hugged him again and replied, "Nope! I did tell you right, that I am feeling good here".

She held him in her arms and placed her head on his chest. He was trying hard to keep his hands off of her.

He placed his arms on the side while she held on to him tightly. "Just a while back, you were biting me. Are you going to do that again?" Jahaan chuckled softly.

"No, I swear I won't bite you again. I don't like getting mad at you. It's just that when you talk to Reeva , I don't like it" tanya responded.

Jahaan was patiently listening to all her banter but suddenly, he realized her voice was trembling. When he looked at her, he found her crying.
"Why, why are you crying?" he said while placing his hand on her head.

"In the morning, you took her side and scolded me in front of everyone, and even in the evening, you both were wearing the same colored dress" tanya spoke with a bitter laugh.

Jahaan smiled a little as he thought to himself how kiddish tanya was sounding. He knew she was blabbering just because she was drunk.

"Yeah but tonight you are wearing my favorite color. I guess you don't know but the color you are wearing, olive green, that is my favorite color," jahaan whispered and smiled at tanya .

Tanya looked at jahaan with tears filled in her eyes and spoke, "Are you really blind or do you choose to ignore things?

"Me? What did l ignore?" Jahaan asked.

For some unknown reason, he was feeling nervous every time tanya was looking at him.

His heart started to beat fast and he could not understand why he was feeling that way.

"Did you really never realize how special you are to me?" she asserted while keeping her head on his chest.

"What is she blabbering under the influence of alcohol?" Jahaan thought to himself.

"Did you never understand that why, ever since we have met, I am always around you?", she asked again.

"Nope, I never thought about it" jahaan replied reluctantly.

On hearing this, tanya started laughing.
"Why... why are you laughing? Are you laughing at what I just said?" he asked.

"Nope, I am laughing because you are lying", she replied.

"Lying? Of course not" jahaan stuttered to answer.

She looked into his eyes again and responded, "If you are not lying then why is your heart beating so fast?".

Jahaan had no answer to her question. She lowered her head again and placed it on his chest. She was still sobbing, holding him tightly.

"You are lying that you don't know that I am always around you on purpose, you are lying that you don't know how special you are to me, you are lying that you don't know ever since l have seen you for the first time, I have fallen for you. I am deeply in love with you," tanya Confessed.