26 | Changing Dimensions

The sun was getting intense as Jahaan  and Tanya  sat on the beach. Deep down Tanya  was enjoying the time spent with Jahaan . On the other hand, Jahaan  too was happy to be in Tanya's company. They kept gazing at the water and smiling at each other.

While they were engrossed in their conversation, a small girl standing at a flower shop, kept looking at the two for a while. She then walked up to them holding some flowers.

"Hey! Please buy a rose from us!" the small girl requested.

"My mom has a beautiful flower shop right there," she added, pointing towards the flower store.

The kid was so cute that both Jahaan  and Tanya  got a smile on their faces on seeing her. Caressing her cheeks lovingly,Jahaan  spoke, "But what will I do with this rose?"

"Give it to this girl. She's your girlfriend right?" the kid asked.

Jahaan had not anticipated that the kid's reply would embarrass him so much. On hearing this, Tanya burst into laughter.

Jahaan felt way too awkward and his face turned red.
"Alright, how old are you?" he asked.

"I am 10 years old," the kid replied.

"Aren't you way too mature for your age?" Jahaan asked while pulling her cheeks.

"Please take one rose for her, please. She will be very happy, won't you?" the kid insisted to Jahaan and turned towards Tanya and giggled.

Now it was Tanya's turn to face the questions and that left her dumbfounded.

March started blushing and replied with a smile, "You indeed are way too mature for your age. I guess we should meet your parents."
The kid kept looking at them with her innocent eyes.

"Ok ok alright. Don't make that puppy face,"Jahaan  said while taking out his wallet from his pocket.

He went with the little girl to the flower shop and bought a rose. Holding the rose he waved goodbye to the girl. As Jahaan  walked, the kid called out loudly, "Don't forget to give it to the lady" and then she went inside.

While the little girl went inside, she left the two in a very awkward situation.
After staying quiet for a while, Jahaan  spoke,
"Ah... the kids these days."

"Yeah, they are way too progressive," Tanya  chuckled.

Both of them were thinking of a way to get out of this awkwardness when suddenly Tanya 's phone started ringing. "Oh! It's Illahi ," Tanya  said while answering the call.

She spoke to her for a few seconds then disconnected the call.

"Jahaan , let's go. Everyone is waiting for us at the breakfast table. Finally, they got an excuse to get out of the situation.

"Yeah, let's go," Jahaan spoke while getting up.
Both of them headed towards the hotel.

They stepped into the elevator and all this while, neither of them spoke anything

Both of them started walking towards their rooms when Jahaan suddenly spoke, "tan-ya"

Hearing him call out her name, Tanya stopped and looked at him. There had been very few instances when he took her name or called out to her.

Without looking into her eyes, he raised his hand with the rose and said, "If you want, you can keep it. What will I do with it anyway".

She was a little taken aback by this gesture and to confirm it again, she asked, " Jahaan , are you giving this rose to me?"

"It's okay if you don't want it..." Jahaan looked at her and replied but before he could complete his sentence, Tanya snatched the rose from him and spoke, "Yeah, I do want it" and then she entered her room with a big grin.

Jahaan stood there for a while and started smiling to himself.

Before he could think of anything, the door opened once again. This made him suppress his smile instantly and stand there with a serious face.
Tanya peeped through the door and exclaimed, "Thank you Jahaan " and then closed the door shut again.

Seeing her being so adorable, he started smiling yet again. "The only difference between her and that little girl is just the age," he thought to himself and went to his room.

Has Jahaan started feeling for Tanya ? Is their friendship turning into something more?

Target - 25 likes 15 comments 🦋