6|The Love Rivals

Mrs Mehta was very different from what they had come to think about her. Wife of such a big business tycoon as well as owner of such a big, successful skincare brand.

Supriya Mehta was a down to earth lady. She herself was from a middle class family who had set up a complete brand by starting her own business with her own hard work. She had become very successful even before her marriage to Harshad Mehta and after marriage, it seemed as if no one could ever stop her. But she had only one weakness and that was her son, Jahaan . He was her only child and hence his father kept him in a very strict environment since his childhood.

He always used to take all the decisions of his life himself and Jahaan could not refuse even if he wanted to. Since his childhood, Mrs . Mehta had seen Jahaan sacrificing his dreams for the happiness of his father.

She could never see Jahaan getting close to anyone. Neither could she know his friends, nor if he ever had a best friend. That's why she always wanted someone to come into Jahaan's life who would teach him to forget everything and live for himself.

She called Tanya to meet her because she really wanted to know whether she really liked Jahaan or not. She wanted to test Tanya with her own eyes. Mrs Mehta had enough people working for her to get her work out and she could get all the information about Tanya while sitting at home, but she preferred to meet her face to face.

"So, do you think Jahaan likes you back? I mean, how long has this thing been going on, Tanya ?" Mrs. Mehta asked excitedly.

Hiding her face in embarrassment, Tanya replied, "Umm..I actually haven't expressed my feelings to Jahaan ."

Illahi and Jordan , who were only trying to listen to them from a distance, felt that Tanya might not be able to handle the matter anymore and there were so many chances that the situation could get worse. That's why, they ran towards Tanya to support her and stood in front of both of them.

"Mrs. Mehta , she is telling the truth, it was just an accident, there is nothing wrong with it", Jordan announced. At the same time, Illahi pushed Tanya's chair back and stood in front of her. She slammed her hands on the table and yelled, "It just happened accidently and you can't torture Tanya any more than this' '. Mrs. Mehta could not understand anything and was feeling very confused.

"No no! you guys might have misunderstood the entire thing. She wasn't torturing me. In fact, she is on my side. So guys could calm down for a second..." Tanya started and trailed off.
Mrs. Mehta was still confused and she started looking around.

"What do you mean?" She questioned everyone while Illahi glared at her.

"We ourselves saw you shouting at her!" Illahi hissed.

Tanya put her hand on her head in embarrassment and said, "You both please sit down, I'll tell you everything". Tanya made them sit and narrated her conversation with Mrs. Mehta .

"Oh so you all came with a plan to fight with me, huh? And Jordan , you too?'' Mrs. Mehta said sarcastically.
Illahi interrupted, "So you want to say that Tanya should go to Jahaan and express her feelings?"

"Yes!... I know Jahaan very well. If you want to make him fall in love with you, you have to make the first move and express that you love him", Mrs. Mehta explained in a serious tone.
"But what if he rejects me?" Tanya asked.
"Yes, he is gonna reject you", Jordan announced. Hearing this from Jordan's mouth, Illahi yelled, "What the hell are you doing?"
"But I am telling the truth," Jordan said to Mrs Mehta .

"You don't understand Mrs. Mehta' point. She wants to say that if Jahaan remains unaware of Tanya's feelings then there are chances that you would never try to look at Tanya with that gaze",