35| Quick thinker

Mrs. Mehta was seeing her calm and organized son get all nervous and shy for the first time. On seeing him rush towards the elevator, she started to giggle. "You don't even know how to lie, Jahaan " she muttered to herself and had a good laugh.
On reaching the room, he found Jordan getting out of the washroom after taking a shower. Jahaan picked up a pair of clean clothes and got into the washroom to take a bath.
He stood in front of the mirror and took off his shirt. He touched the bite mark and that brought back memories of the last night.

On thinking about all of that and the kiddish talks of Tanya, , he could not stop himself from smiling. Jahaan then looked at himself in the mirror again and put up a straight face.

After getting dressed up, Jordan sat on the bed when suddenly someone knocked at the door. "It must be the room service," Jordan thought to himself and opened the door. It was illahi . She too had taken a bath and was wearing different clothes.

" Jordan , I feel my head is going to explode.
Did the coffee get delivered?" she said while entering the room.

Rubbing her forehead, she sat on the couch. Jordan got on the bed again and replied, "Well, you were the one to challenge me. I told you to quit but you just didn't".

"Stop it, Jordan ! I am in no mood to argue with you right now"
Illahi spoke curtly. Just then, Jahaan got out of the washroom and intervened, "You guys, please don't start the fight again".

Just then, their coffee arrived.

They started sipping their drinks when Jordan asked,
"Where is Tanya ? Did she fall asleep again?"
"Nope, she is taking a shower. She will be here in a minute," illahi replied.

Just then, Tanya walked inside. "I don't understand the purpose of getting drunk. One could barely remember anything" she exclaimed while entering the room.

On hearing her voice, Jahaan got nervous again. She lifted her cup and sat next to Jahaan on the couch.

"Thanks, Jahaan for taking me to the room. Illahi told me you were the one who helped me get there or else I would have slept on the rooftop just like these two," Tanya chuckled.

"Ah! Tell me about it. My back is hurting so bad, I can't even put words to it," Jordan spoke .

"I am starving. I don't even remember if I ate anything last night or not,"Tanya responded rubbing her belly.

"Tanya , don't you really remember anything ? Illahi asked.

"The last thing I remembered is I was dancing and then Jahaan asked me to be careful or else I would fall. I don't remember anything clearly after that. Oh yes, but ever since I have woken up, I have this feeling that I am forgetting something really important. And I don't know why but I am getting flashbacks of roses. I can even smell roses on me" Tanya spoke.

On hearing all this, Jahaan  started sweating profusely as he thought to himself, "Oh shit! I hope she doesn't recall anything".

"Speed up guys. Mom said we need to have our breakfast quickly or it will get too late" Jahaan  said while getting up. "Yes please, let's go. I am famished. I need food right now!"
Tanya spoke.

Illahi looked at Jahaan  and asked, "Why are you sweating? Hey, are you alright?". Before he could answer,Jordan , intervened, "The room heating seems too much. And you are wearing such a thick jacket. No wonder why you are sweating like a pig." Jahaan stuttered to come up with a reply.

''Well, it's just that I like to wear a cozy jacket inside the room at times even if the heating is on. Can we go now because I am too hungry? Please, let's hurry up and eat something," Without waiting for a reply, he walked away.
The three of them followed him to the breakfast table. They headed towards the buffet to get breakfast.

While Jahaan  was trying hard to act normal. He just wanted to hide away all the memories of last night somehow.

The four of them settled on one of the tables. They were about to start eating when they heard the noise of a plate crashing on the floor. They turned around to find a pregnant lady holding her stomach and crying in pain.

She was a staff of the hotel and was carrying an empty plate. All the people around her ran towards her. Tanya too rushed to help her and made her lie flat on the ground. "What happened? Are you okay? the receptionist asked.

"I am experiencing a lot of pain, suddenly" the lady answered while trying hard to manage the pain.

Tanya used her scarf to put it under the head of the pregnant lady as she asked, "This is which month of your pregnancy?"
"Seventh" she replied while clutching on to the hand of the receptionist.

" Jordan , call the ambulance ASAP" Tanya yelled.

He fished his phone out in a jiffy and made the call.
"Don't worry. The hospital is just five minutes away. The ambulance will just be here" the receptionist affirmed while caressing her head.

"My belly is hurting a lot. I can't bear it" the lady yelled in pain.

Tanya realized that maybe she was experiencing pain because of lying on the ground.

She turned towards Jahaan and said, "Give me your shirt quickly". Without saying anything, he took off his shirt and gave it to her. She made it into a bundle and placed it below the lady's waist.

On seeing her do this, the receptionist took off her blazer and placed it on the other side of the waist. "

''Tanya , the ambulance will be here in no time," Jordan announced.

In a few minutes, the ambulance arrived and took the lady to the hospital. After this, the receptionist walked up to Tanya with the blazer, shirt, and scarf.

"Thank you so much. Had I been alone in this situation, I would have panicked a lot. You handled the situation so well" The receptionist handed over the scarf and Jahaan's shirt to Tanya as she complimented. After expressing her gratitude, the receptionist left.

Jahaan , illahi and Jordan were standing a little away from her. Jahaan had a big smile on his face as he felt so proud of Tanya . She always managed to impress him in some or the other way.

Carrying his shirt, Tanya walked up to Jahaan . However, just then her eyes landed on the mark on his neck. Giving him his shirt, Tanya asked, "What is this? Did you hurt yourself?"

He smiled and looked into her eyes as he answered, "Last night, a wild cat entered my room. I was trying to get her out and ended up hurting myself".

He wore his shirt and did not care to button it up all the way to his neck. A little part of the hickey was still peeping through the corners of his shirt.
Jahaan 's words left March confused as she tried to make sense of what Jahaan was saying.

"What did he mean by that? Am I forgetting something? I don't remember any cat from last night," Tanya kept mumbling to herself. As she kept thinking about last night, she followed Jahaan to the table.